• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rhino Riders and Turtle Cove

daneenm

Just call me Pollyanna ...
i have been scouring through the excursions offered on our Eastern Carribean sailing. The ones that currently appeal are ... Rhino Riders (st. Maarten ) and the Full day sail and snorkeling at Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach (St. Thomas/St. John). I am looking for opinions. I have seen some positive reviews of the Full day Sail, but don't see much about the Rhino Riders. Thoughts?

Our traveling group is me, DH, DD18 and DS14.

Really, has no one tried these excursions? Not sure if this should make me concerned. Any opinions would be appreciated by us first-timers.

I am interested in doing both of these excursions also. Would love to hear about other's experiences with them.

My wife and I have done the Rhino Riders, and we highly recommend it! We too were concerned about the lack of reviews, but it was a full excursion and well worth it.

Here is I have previously posted about the Rhino Riders on other threads: "My wife and I did the Rhino Rider excursion this past October (2014), and we both really enjoyed it. It did get more bumpy/choppy the faster you went. There are parts where the group is restricted in how fast you can go, and other parts where you are free to speed up. Our guides told us that we could spread out at the point where we were free to speed up, but for the most part, the group stayed in a line behind the guide in front. You are supposed to stay a certain distance behind the person(s) in front of you, so if you are in the front of the group, you will feel pressure from people behind you to go faster. I would simply suggest that if you prefer to go a little slower, just stay in the back of the group. There are two guides, one in front and one and back, and they did not pressure anyone to speed up.

I would certainly recommend this excursion, it is a lot of fun and gives you great views of the shoreline. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I know when we were researching this excursion we did not find a lot of info on the disboards about it."

"In both St. Maarten and St. Thomas we arranged excursions through DCL. In St. Maarten we did the Rhino Rider and Snorkeling excursion. This was a blast. We zipped around part of the island in these inflatable boat/jetski hybrids before snorkeling at a secluded beach area. Be warned, for the snorkeling, the boats are tethered together offshore aways, so you have to be able to swim to the beach if you want to actually be on the beach. They do require you to wear lifejackets throughout the entire excursion. The excursion lasted approximately 3 hours."

Hope that helps!

My wife and I have done the Rhino Riders, and we highly recommend it! We too were concerned about the lack of reviews, but it was a full excursion and well worth it.

Here is I have previously posted about the Rhino Riders on other threads: "My wife and I did the Rhino Rider excursion this past October (2014), and we both really enjoyed it. It did get more bumpy/choppy the faster you went. There are parts where the group is restricted in how fast you can go, and other parts where you are free to speed up. Our guides told us that we could spread out at the point where we were free to speed up, but for the most part, the group stayed in a line behind the guide in front. You are supposed to stay a certain distance behind the person(s) in front of you, so if you are in the front of the group, you will feel pressure from people behind you to go faster. I would simply suggest that if you prefer to go a little slower, just stay in the back of the group. There are two guides, one in front and one and back, and they did not pressure anyone to speed up.

I would certainly recommend this excursion, it is a lot of fun and gives you great views of the shoreline. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them. I know when we were researching this excursion we did not find a lot of info on the disboards about it."

"In both St. Maarten and St. Thomas we arranged excursions through DCL. In St. Maarten we did the Rhino Rider and Snorkeling excursion. This was a blast. We zipped around part of the island in these inflatable boat/jetski hybrids before snorkeling at a secluded beach area. Be warned, for the snorkeling, the boats are tethered together offshore aways, so you have to be able to swim to the beach if you want to actually be on the beach. They do require you to wear lifejackets throughout the entire excursion. The excursion lasted approximately 3 hours."

Hope that helps!

That helps a lot! Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter