Rhino rider in st. Maarten

lubyshell

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done this recently ?? We are doing it on the fantasy cruise in August with a 3 rider boat, hopefully my 6 yr old will like it although she is mad she cannot drive !!!!

DH and I did this on our honeymoon cruise. Are you doing it through the cruise line? We attempted to do it ourselves and it was a disaster with the taxis.
We rode pretty far off shore to avoid the big swells. We stopped by some rocks to snorkel for a bit then headed back. It was a decent excursion but I wouldn't want to do it again; once was enough.

DH and I did this on our honeymoon cruise. Are you doing it through the cruise line? We attempted to do it ourselves and it was a disaster with the taxis.
We rode pretty far off shore to avoid the big swells. We stopped by some rocks to snorkel for a bit then headed back. It was a decent excursion but I wouldn't want to do it again; once was enough.

doing it w/Disney....

I was looking at this too for my DD7 but on the Disney website port adventure description it says you have to be 10 years old (18 to drive). Not sure if they'll let your DD6 do it.

We did this on a celebrity cruise and it was very not or the faint of heart... We had to drive so fast and the waves were super choppy... I did to enjoy the excursion and was glad to be Back on ground... I would Not recommend taking kiddos...

We did this with Disney in 2011. Did Disney tell you that the Rhino could take 3? For us, in 2011, this wasn't an option. We thought we could do that, or that one of us would ride alone. Once we arrived, the Rhino Rider company told us that one person could pay double to ride by alone, or the other person had to ride with a guide :eek: ...we wished we had known that. Yes, our other child was 11, but they wouldn't let 3 on a Rhino Rider at that time. So we paid for 5 individuals (I think $88 a person?) and for one of us to ride with a guide.

Once you get there, there is a speech about what happens, a chance to change and buy stuff in the shop, and then a talk about tipping afterward. They also push a picture (for a fee of course) as you take off.

You follow their guides (yes, pretty fast) and are not allowed to go off on your own (just in case your thinking it's a free-as-you-go experience), and they take you to a little lagoon. It's a small beach where you can explore, snorkel or just relax. We weren't there very long (thinking 30-45 minutes). They did offer water at some point, and then we headed back.

At that point, they are really hovering and pushing the tipping. We understood that, but :eek: talk about pressure! And just so you know, there are only 2 bathrooms, so if you want to freshen up or get dressed, it can take awhile for everyone to do so.

Would we do it again? Nope. It was fun, but once was enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter