Rfid???

ShellyG

Earning My Ears
I can't seem to find any definitive answer to this one... We are flying on 31st March and staying at POR. Anyone know if there will be RFID by then? When does it all come into action?

Nobody knows. There are numerous ongoing discussions about this but I don't see it being likely that they will have the whole system rolled out by then. They are having plenty of teething problems just with the basics. I understand that many of the rooms at the resorts are now operating on RFID keys though. I also don't see it likely that they will want to roll out the new system, even if they are ready, right before the Easter weekend. They are heading into Spring Break now which will run on with Easter so with the anticipated typical crowd levels, it wouldn't be their wisest move IMO

We used the RFID cards last week at POR, we only had one problem paying for a drink at Epcot, but then the same card worked 10 minutes later at a store so it may have been an issue with the vendor stand not our card?? :confused3

I was told they aren't expecting to get the bracelets for a couple of months - whether that is true is another matter of course!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter