Rfid???

Mommy2TwoMickeys

DIS Veteran
I read a couple TR's and they were talking about the changes to check-in with the RFID....you can now scan your KTTW key when buying items(food, gifts,etc) instead of swiping :confused3 (obviously as long as a CC is linked to it) Are people now receiving their room keys when the get the Mickey Mail? Is this official or just another test?

A lotof the resorts have gone to the RFID door locks, and they all should be by the end of January. You will still get the KTTW card when you check in at the resort.

When I was there earlier this month, they were in the process of installing the "tap to pay" consoles at cashiers at my resort (BW) and at Epcot. They weren't quite ready to be used until my last day so I didn't get to try that system.

The RFID door locks at the resorts have been coming on line for several months now. They were at CR in July when I stayed there, BCV in September and BWV in December, but they are in other resorts as well.

From what I understand about using the RFID KTTW to pay, you will set up a PIN to be used for any purchase over $50.

At this time you are still issued your KTTW at the resort when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter