RFID wristbands for resort guests will we get DVC ones

First and foremost it is my opinion and I am not trying to scare anyone. If you work in the IT field you also know that even though a scenario is unlikely that it can still happen. And just as I give you the right to have your opinion I also have the same right to mine. If you do not like my opinion it still does not give you the right to attack what I think in the manner you did.

By you stating that you work in the IT field it gives the reader the impression that your statement is a fact and not your opinion. The reader sees that you work in the IT field so you must know more than them about the RFID tech and they take your "opinion" as gospel. And your opinion is based on false information so that is what the reader leaves with. False information.

For those who are still interested....
http://simplyrfid.typepad.com/simplyrfid1/2008/07/read-range-how-far-can-we-track-you-with-passive-rfid.html

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10789_3-9875961-57.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmajlKJlT3U

The concerns are valid and should be expressed. I am not saying it is a bad thing but we should be informed consumers and nothing says the bracelets that Disney buys will be the same as the one in the article or will use chips more like what is in a credit card...both passive but can be read a varying distances. Lastly you are correct. It is how Disney uses the data and how much use the number will be to a crook. After all the RFID is really nothing more then a bar code. Which is why i said in my original post it may require somebody who works for Disney...

Excellent point and nice links. While in the crowded waiting area for Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is the guest next to me texting a joke to the Laugh Floor or is he/she using his jail-broken phone to obtain the code from an unsuspecting guest's RFID bracelet? Most guests are honest and this should not be an issue but it only takes a couple of unscrupulous hackers to undermine the safety and security we feel when visiting a Disney property.

Tag! I'm out. :rolleyes: I'm unsubscribing from this thread. This RFID thing has gone far too over the line of ridiculous. Yes, RFID can be broken but no jailbroken phone on it's own has the hardware capabilities to hack a RFID chip. Especially the Passive RFIDs. And while yes, it is possible with the right equipment that ought to be caught by security at check in it is very, very, very unlikely that this will even happen once. Let alone happen to every single person that has charging capabilities on their accounts. I'm going to go to Disney and if they have the bracelets there then I am getting one for each of my family members and I can assure you that we will be just as safe as we would be without the wristbands. ;) It's been real, it's been fun, but....well, you know the rest.

I love that Disney is doing what Disney of old did best - exploring current technology to make our lives easier. This idea both excites me as well as gives me a little pause, BUT we also know that Disney will do rigorous testing before rolling anything out. The possibilities here are fantastic and could provide an even more outstanding guest experience. I can't wait to see how this all works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter