RFID Scanners installed around MK

We just got off the plane and signed up to try the new system. There were a few people near magical express that were doing a survey. We signed up to do it on Friday and were able to pick 4 attractions from a list. We picked haunted mansion, jungle cruise, Peter pan and space. We did not get to pick our times and they were sent by email to our phone. Can't wait to use them.

We were only able to pick the day we wanted to go and which rides. We were then emailed a schedule of times. Our times run from 9:30 to 4:30 and each ride has a one hour window just like regular fast pass.
~Wow, this is SO awesome! Congratulations on getting picked! Please keep us posted, I can't wait to hear how it went! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Many would say the current online ADR system is a disaster. I hope they have a better plan that that. :)
~Wow. I guess we won't see eye to eye on anything, because I LOVE the online ADR system! Seriously, I made all of my ADR's for the entire week in less than 30 minutes! I got everything I wanted on the first attempt, all of the confirmation numbers are linked to my Disney reservation and I was sent an email confirmation for every one of my ADR's! It's awesome and I can't wait for xPass! :goodvibes

I didn't read the entire thread so apologies if this has already been answered...

What is the plan if guests do not have access to email while they are there? Can they get a printout of the return times as soon as they book? I don't have a smart phone or bring any internet-enabled gadgets with me when I go to Disney, so email would be useless for me.

~Wow. I guess we won't see eye to eye on anything, because I LOVE the online ADR system! Seriously, I made all of my ADR's for the entire week in less than 30 minutes! I got everything I wanted on the first attempt, all of the confirmation numbers are linked to my Disney reservation and I was sent an email confirmation for every one of my ADR's! It's awesome and I can't wait for xPass! :goodvibes

I'd say you are lucky based on most of the reports on the dining reservations forum. :)

I've personally experienced receiving email confirmations for a reservation cancelation other than the one I actually cancelled, multiple times. Calling in a panic reassured me that the email was incorrect.

The website is terrible and malfunctions constantly. I don't have high hopes that it will get better any time soon.

I'm looking forward to X-Pass, but I'm hoping it's targeted at a limited audience so it can actually offer an advantage besides not having to rush to FP machines at rope drop. An open free for all system won't offer much beyond what they have now (and maybe less if they tier the rides so you can only FP one per category), and that's fine, but I was hoping for something that significantly changed the way we do the parks.

Sounds more like constraints to test the physical part of the system and not the customer interfacing portion. Which I get, make sure the physical system works first then tweak the user experience.

^ THIS!

I didn't read the entire thread so apologies if this has already been answered...

What is the plan if guests do not have access to email while they are there? Can they get a printout of the return times as soon as they book? I don't have a smart phone or bring any internet-enabled gadgets with me when I go to Disney, so email would be useless for me.

Bear in mind that this is just a prelim testing phase, so unless you're part of the test, any information like this might completely change before any sort of real implementation. I'm pretty sure you can view your schedule from any of the kiosks (there are 4, they're mentioned back on the first page I think) or get an actual print out from Guest Relations at City Hall. Of course, they could always be printed at the resort as well.

I'd say you are lucky based on most of the reports on the dining reservations forum. :)

I've personally experienced receiving email confirmations for a reservation cancelation other than the one I actually cancelled, multiple times. Calling in a panic reassured me that the email was incorrect.

The website is terrible and malfunctions constantly. I don't have high hopes that it will get better any time soon.

I'm looking forward to X-Pass, but I'm hoping it's targeted at a limited audience so it can actually offer an advantage besides not having to rush to FP machines at rope drop. An open free for all system won't offer much beyond what they have now (and maybe less if they tier the rides so you can only FP one per category), and that's fine, but I was hoping for something that significantly changed the way we do the parks.

Not my experience. I booked all my dining reservations in less than half an hour. No problems at all and at this moment I got three reminders that We booked dining with a fee for not showing up. We will be in WDW in less than 4 hours.
The warnings give you more that enough time to cancel a reservations. I love the system :woohoo:

I guess they tested this in Disney Paris now for a few years. The special passes will be "free" for those that stay on concierge level. Well not exactly free as those guests pay around 500 Dollar per night.
Two years ago they started selling the same passes to every one that would pay the price and was an early bird. They limited the number they sold.
My friend worked in Paris and he was selling those FP as hot buns although the price was around 60 Euro pp. per day. (could be a bit less or more but not much)

I've seen this in Paris. I didn't buy it though it was marketed as a 'VIP Fast Pass'

But while things seem to work well there they only have two parks that are significantly smaller then the WDW counterparts. And they don't have as many rides with Fast Pass due to being smaller. Plus the thing is with Paris, its really a weekend destination, if you go there midweek (unless you're talking the height of peak season) then you're going to get round everything you want to see, you might not even need to use Fast Pass at all if you get into the parks early enough and hit the most popular rides first.

I personally don't like the idea of having to wear a wristband, I'm going to Disney for a nice time on my holiday, I'm not going to a rock festival to stand a field in the rain for days on end, which is what I would associate being made to wear a wristband with.

(Haven't read all the posts)

I personally am not looking forward to having to pick rides by day months in advance.

I've seen this in Paris. I didn't buy it though it was marketed as a 'VIP Fast Pass'

But while things seem to work well there they only have two parks that are significantly smaller then the WDW counterparts. And they don't have as many rides with Fast Pass due to being smaller. Plus the thing is with Paris, its really a weekend destination, if you go there midweek (unless you're talking the height of peak season) then you're going to get round everything you want to see, you might not even need to use Fast Pass at all if you get into the parks early enough and hit the most popular rides first.

I personally don't like the idea of having to wear a wristband, I'm going to Disney for a nice time on my holiday, I'm not going to a rock festival to stand a field in the rain for days on end, which is what I would associate being made to wear a wristband with.

I beg to differ.:thumbsup2 Disney Paris has 6 resorts and all those guests have to share two small parks .
As soon as WDW will give us the opportunity to book rides or buy special passes we will do so.

We used them in Paris and we would not go back to the system of waiting in line over there especially in the cold winter. Than the no wait passes are worth gold.

All I can say is, if it ends up being anything like the passes at DLP where they cost 60EUR per person per day, just... wow! Even if they cost $50-60 say in WDW that's still $200+ for a family of 4! Times that by 4 days and... wowza!

As long as they limit the number, shouldn't be too bad. After all US and IoA have them free for on-site and available for off-site, though I'm not too sure on how many off-site people buy them or even know they are there. Disney needs to shell out some big bucks on promoting this I think.

Another thing about the US and IoA Express pass is that they can be had for as little as $20 or $30 for the day (during low season) AND they get you front of the line access to essentially every attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter