RFID at CBR?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by LoriABil, Oct 25, 2012.

1. LoriABil

LoriABil DIS Veteran

I just saw they are converting doors at the Caribbean Beach Resort to take the new RFID keys. Anyone currently staying or recently returned have news on this?

I am just curious, because I have no idea how the RFID thing works, besides needing to wear an aluminum hat according to some on these boards! :upsidedow

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. andyman8

andyman8 DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

It's really a minor change in preparation of FP+ (which is supposedly being announced December 6 or 7).

Basically, instead of inserting your room key into a slot, you just tap your key up against the lock on the door. It's a bit more convenient if you ask me.

Oh and it doesn't require any sort of headgear or such!;)

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We were at BWV last week where they already have the RFID door locks. The only thing different from your perspective is that instead of sliding your KTTW card into a slot on the door, you instead tap it onto a plate where the slot used to be. It was very easy to use.

5. Paradise18

Paradise18 DIS Veteran

CSR has it now too. We were just there 10/11-16 and it was very easy to use. No bracelet, just the normal KTTW card.

6. dburg30

dburg30 Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I

I LOVE the RFID cards!! I was able to leave my card in my lanyard holder and just tap that to open the door.. Was great if you had your hands full or you just didnt want to dig the card out..

7. scanmom

scanmom DIS Veteran

I love them. If my hands are full, I can just lean in close to the sensor, and it works. We don't actually have to touch anything, just have the card an inch or 2 from the sensor. Of course, our doors also open automatically when we do this......