• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RFC at DTD

MPHARJ

DIS Veteran
How far out or when do you make reservations here? I have heard everyone say it is busy. We have eaten at RFC before at WDW, so I know what it is like and we are going to go because I have gift cards. TIA!

We usually make them 60 days out when I call and make all my PS for Disney Restaurants. I believe you can actually make them a year out, but I am not sure. Their number is 714-772-0413

Okay, I've eaten twice and both times walked up (May 2007 and Feb 2008). We had to wait, but no big deal. If I were going to make reservations, I would do it a few days before personally, unless you REALLY want things set in stone now.

We've done walk up and called a few days before. It is busy, but I think they can handle it. The only place I've really had to make the 60 day reservations for before is Blue Bayou. I even got Napa Rose day of last year around the holidays when things were busy.

We never make reservations. The longest I think we've waited is 10 minutes. Depends on what time you're going I guess. In the middle of dinner rush would probably be longer. We usually go for an early dinner (around 4).

Safari Club at RFC is great!

I think I paid $15 for a lifetime membership (as long as you use it)

I usually have little or no wait and get discounts on dining and gift shop.

Plus when you get your membership card they send you a $10 New member award

We have the Safari Club so we just walk up. We've waited as long as an hour before but with the Safari Club it cuts your wait time in half. FYI, the priority seating with the club is only good for parties of 6 or less, we had 7 and we couldn't get it. That's when we waited for an hour. I would suggest having a ressie depending on when you want to eat, without one you may end up outside (which is still nice) or waiting a while. :) We have actually as early as 3 days in advance and had luck, but any closer and they weren't able to help us.

RFC takes ressies a year in advance I believe... which is why disney dining doesn't handle them for them... I made 1 set of ressies 60 days out, and the other 2 days out... both for noon... and had no problem getting good seats by the gorillas.

--Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter