Reviews of Alamo Insiders at MCO

Stitch_Is_King

Mouseketeer
We have rented from National our last few trips to Disney World however their prices for our December trip are outrageous. I have found a good deal with Alamo and joined Alamo Insiders. I was curious to see how their service compares with National. Are we able to skip the counter or kiosk and go straight to a car? How are their cars compared to National? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Can't compare cars as I've never rented with National but yes, as long as you do online check and complete the information to skip the counter (you should be prompted for each of these steps immediately after making the reservation), you can skip the counter and kiosk. You pick the car you want in your booked category. If you book a Standard, you get a Full Size as there is no Standard size at MCO.

National and Alamo are affiliated and their aisles are right next to each other at MCO. I've heard that Alamo gets National's leftovers, but all the cars I've seen/reserved at Alamo MCO look pretty darn new to me, no different than National's.

One time I reserved an SUV through Alamo at MCO and they had none, so they told me to pick one from the National aisle; another time the SUV I chose at Alamo ended up having a recall and they went over to National and gave me a bigger SUV for the trouble and waiting. So the fleet is comparable, sometimes even interchangeable.

If you're checking in online you should have no issues and it should be an experience just like you've had with National--just go to the garage and pick the best car you can get from the class you've reserved. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter