Reviews going to spa on Dream.

SJMommy

Mouseketeer
We are going on the Dream end of Feb.(second time :) :) :) ) and this time we are thinking of doing some spa time....Looking for reviews, and to hear what you got done(and if it was worth the $$)!!! :) Thanks!!!

The spa is operated by Steiner on DCL and on every other line I've been on recently. The same services were available on other lines as on DCL although the guest relations aspect was a little nicer on DCL.

Most of the services they offer are available in my city for about 1/2 of what they cost on the ship. I'm not saying that's good or bad...but I'd rather book a spa day before the cruise and enjoy my time on the ship for something else.

I do like the rainforest, especially on winter cruises. Again--it exists on other ships under a different name. For instance, on Celebrity, it is the "Persian Garden." And they give the same speech about how they only sell a certain number of length of cruise passes, blah blah. Bottom line, no one on any cruise line has declined my money whether I wanted a single day, length of cruise, or mulit-day pass.

My partner and I did the Couple's Choice Villa in June 2011. While it was a very nice experience and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly, we would not pay that much money again (over $500). It is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. We have a couples massage scheduled for our Feb Fantasy cruise, but depending on our mood - we may cancel that as well.

Doyou just walk right in? or doyou need a reservation? I didnt see anything about it in the spa reservation area?!

One day rainforest passes are found under the onboard gifts to order before the cruise. Not sure if you can order length of cruise ones there or not (haven't done that) but length of cruise passes can be purchased onboard. Some say one day passes may only be purchased in advance, while others say they purchased onboard.

Good to know. I didn't think you could order the one day passes. DH and I are wanting to do something spa-like, without having for fork over the amount of money they want for doing it. We did an exotic rasul for couples on our first cruise on the Magic and it was only $89 for 50 min. We can't see spending $242 when we could be doing something else with that money.

I did the Elemis Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap with Half Body Massage and it was incredible! While it's not cheap, it was in my opinion worth the money and I plan on doing it on my upcoming cruises. One recommendation would be to do it later in the day though. I had mine early in the morning and was tired the rest of the day from being so relaxed, so I didn't do quite as much that day as I would have liked.

So excited! I think we are going to do the rainforest~and for the price...you cant beat it!!!!! I went to the board where you can pre buy things. but it dsidnt give me and option to buy them?! Do I have to fill out that form, like if I were buying wine or food?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter