• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reviews from 1/7-1/14, reviews with lots of PICS! COMPLETED

heatherlynn444

DIS Veteran
Dining
Here are my reviews from jan 7/jan 14 2007. I will start with saying all the places we ate (and all the money we saved!) then go into individual reviews. At the bottom of each pricing list I gave the total of the meal if we would have paid OOP. If we DID pay OOP on a meal I noted it by the restaurant name.
A little background: ME 21 yr. old Disney freak, LOVEd to eat, but very picky
DH 23, first time to Disney, I like to call him
"grabage disposal" he will eat ANYTHING and lots
of it! He was sick with a virus for almost 3 full days.

1/7- Sunday
1900 Park Fare buffet- paid OOP.

1/8- Monday
Lunch
Sci Fi -paid OOP

Dinner
Gasparillas
Hot dog meal
Personal pizza meal
Total if paid OOP: $17.28
DAYTOTAL: 17.28

1/9- Tuesday
Lunch
Peco’s Bill
2 cheesburger meals
Total if paid OOP: $26.02

Dinner
Gasparillas
Hot dog meal (DH was sick in bed!)
Ice cream snack and water
Total if paid OOP: $12.21
DAY TOTAL: approx. $39.00

1/10-Wednesday
lunch
Gasparillas
Pizza meal (DH still sick…)
Water
Total if paid OOP: $10.82

Coral reef dinner
2 sprites
crab cakes
seafood soufflé
mahi mahi
NY strip steak
Cheesecake
Chocolate wave
Total if paid OOP: $120.55
DAY TOTAL: aprox. $132.00

1/11- Thursday
lunch
Pizzafari
One pepperoni pizza meal (still sick, but out and about..)
Total if paid OOP: $11.69

GF café dinner
1 sprite
1 diet coke
crab cakes
cheese platter
land and sea
NY strip steak
Chocolate fondue
Total if paid OOP: $98.77
DAY TOTAL: aprox. $110.60

1/12 Friday
Captian Jack’s Lunch
1 sprite
1 coke
spinach and artichoke dip
new England clam chowder
shrimp and crab pasta
chicken pasta
double chocolate lava cake
Total if paid OOP: 76.67

Dinner
Le Cellier
2 sprites
beef tenderloin kabob
cheddar cheese soup
7 oz filet
7 oz filet
crème Brule
seasonal sorbet
Total if paid OOP: $107.48
DAY TOTAL: $184.14

Saturday 1/13
Lunch
50’s Prime Time Cafe
2 milkshakes as drinks
onion rings
herb cheese
chicken pot pie
fried chicken
hot fudge sundae
smores
Total if paid OOP: $76.22

Dinner
Narcossee’s
2 sprites
crab cakes
cheese platter
Filet
Whole Maine Lobster
Almond crusted cheesecake
Sorbet
Total if paid OOP: $164.82
(this meal was 2 TS credits each, but so worth it!)
DAY TOTAL: $241.00

1/14- Sunday
Breakfast
Gasparillas
Pancake platter
Bounty platter
Total if paid OOP: aprox. $14.00

Lunch
Gasparillas
One pizza meal
One hot dog meal
Total if paid OOP: aprox. 15.00
DAY TOTAL: $ 29.00

** after getting lunch we used our 3 remaining CS meals and snack credits (I didn’t list snacks we got, to time consuming!) at Gasparillas and got waters, snacks, etc. for ride home

If I were to add up everything listed above, it comes to 752 dollars WITHOUT tip. If I add in the last 3 CS meals we bought it would add about 30. so lets say 782. this doesn’t count snacks which we used all 14 of. Lets say we spent 3 bucks a snack, times 14, is 42 dollars, tack that on and its $824.00 add 18% tip like they do and its $972.00 for two people for 7 nights, and we even paid OOP for two meals, AND DH was sick for three days! Hhaaha

Sssooo…at 37.99 a person, times two people, that’s 76 dollars a day. 972 divided by 7 nights comes out to 139 dollars a day for two people, so we saved 63 dollars a day, times 7 days, comes to 441 dollars we saved on the dining plan.:woohoo: So is it worth it? HECK YES! That’s a lot of money (to me) to save, esp. for just two people! I hope all my calculations made sense to everyone!

***COMING UP: I being my reviews! Starting with 1900 park fare and sci fi! Stay tuned!:surfweb:

DAY ONE: 1/7
1900 PARK FARE-OOP

We arrived at the GF at 7:30 to check in after a 10 hour drive, and we were exhausted! We had 7:50 ADR’s so we politely told the concierge guy that we had to hurry to check in. we left our luggage at the desk and said we would call when we were done. We were still in travel clothes, and looked pretty pathetic! We checked in to 1900 park fare at 7:50 on the dot, and received a beeper. We sat outside and only waited about 5 minutes. We were seated the first table on the left as you walk in. normally that would have bugged me but I was SO tired and hungry I didn’t care! DH really loves to eat and loved buffets, so he went at it and got a ton of food.

100_2246.jpg

he is very excited about his food. :lmao:

I cant stand for my food to touch (I know I’m weird) so I had to go up a lot more times. I don’t do the “pile all the food on top of each other” thing. Our server was very good, got us refills when asked and was very nice, even with the huge crowd in there. The food was very good, lots of good variety, and the dessert was yummy. The character interaction was great as always, the mice came around twice and suzy and perla once. The first time one of the mice came, DH was at the buffet and she “said” she would come back. I thought “yeah right! She will forget” but she didn’t, as soon as DH sat down, she came back to our table. I was impressed!
GRADE:
Food: A
Service: A
Character interaction: A
Restaurant overall: B- (this place needs some help, it has major wear and tear. Thank goodness help is coming for it soon!)

GF is Grand Floridian Resort (that is where 1900 Park Fare is located)
oop is out of pocket (as opposed to on the dining plan)

I can't stand my food to touch either-I wish all plates were divided!

Grand Floridian
Out of Pocket

Love the report so far, can't wait to read the reviews!

thanks for all the support my no food touching friends! I am not alone! haha. sorry for the abreviations, didn't mean to confuse anyone! next installment up tomorrow!

Another "Don't let my food touch" person here!!!

Great start - can't wait to read more! (sorry your husband got sick!)

BTW, I live in Bush and work in Mandeville! It's a small world after all.....

You guys are freaks!:rotfl2: (just kidding)

Great reviews! We are doing the 1900PF dinner, so I was very excited to see how yummy it looks! Thanks!!! :goodvibes

DAY TWO 1/8
SCI –FI @ MGM Studios
We paid for this meal OOP, but we planned it that way b/c we knew this would be a cheaper meal. We didn’t get appetizers or desserts, we just used a snack credit after to get a Mickey bar! Our ressies were for 11:15, and we got there and they didn’t have us down until 1:00. uh oh. Someone messed up and it wasn’t me! They said it was ok and I gave them my name anyway. They called us but DH was in the bathroom. Bah! So we had to wait until he came out and then get the next table. It was ok, only about 3 minutes more. We were seated on the left side in the very back corner in the back of a car with another couple already in the front.

100_2274.jpg

DH was excited to see everything and thought it was really neat. We both ordered burgers, but he got onion rings instead of fries with his. They were very good burgers, but very big and I couldn’t eat all of it! DH said the onion rings were greasy but good.

100_2276.jpg

Our server was very nice, but a little slow on getting refills and such. I think she had a lot of tables. It took awhile for our food to come out as well. But other than that, we really enjoyed it very much!
GRADE:
Food: A
Service: B
Restaurant overall: A this place is so neat even if just to look at it! We love the theming!

Great reviews and pics!! Can't wait for the rest. Thanks for posting.:thumbsup2

Great reviews, looking forward to the rest! :thumbsup2 We have ADR's at some of the places you went to for our upcoming trip! :goodvibes

Great reviews and pictures! I always love to see the pictures!
YUMMY! Keep them coming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter