Reviews for Port Orleans Riverside Resort?

myasmum

Mouseketeer
We are hoping to maybe go back Oct 2008 for my daughters 10th Birthday/Halloween and checking prices from Disney tpye person agent LoL anyways she was telling me prices and staying at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort so I am wondering any feedback for here?
Its 2 adults and 3 children, any help is greatly appreciated
Robyn

We stayed at POR several years ago and I recommend that you try to stay close to the front of the resort near to the food court. Some of the rooms are a very long way from the food court area and you have to walk a long way to catch the boat to Downtown Disney. Maybe look at the resort map.

I haven't stayed here but I did visit here 3 years ago. The resort is very beautiful. Lots of foliage and landscaping all over the place. The rooms are very nice as well. Biggest negative is the size. It was so large that the CM showing us around got lost and confused. That scared me so I decided that on this trip, I was going to stay at POFQ instead. I would prefer something smaller and more intimate.:thumbsup2

I've stayed there twice and will be there again in Feb. My DH loves it there; he really likes taking the boat ride to DTD. I've always gotten the building I requested (done at arrival) and we've never had to wait too long for a bus (maybe 15 mins. at the most). Buses were sometimes crowded but manageable.
The grounds are beautiful and a great place to just walk around and relax (if you get the chance!)
Enjoy!

My girlfriend and me stayed there last Oct. and loved it. We are going to stay there again this Oct. We really like the boat ride to DTD at night. I have pics if you want me to send them to you. Just PM me with your E-mail and I will send them to you.

We stayed at POR in May 2006 and loved it. We requested a building close to the main building. I would highly recomend this! Other buildings can be quite a treck. You can fax room requests to the resort 4-5 days before your visit. My request was honored and since we tipped everyday we had great towel animals to come "home" to everyday. The boats to downtown disney were great.

I stayed there in May and thoroughly enjoyed the resort :) Here's my web page of my pictures and comments from that trip: http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/POR2007.htm Enjoy :sunny:

Thank You for sharing youre lovely pictures! We are staying here the end of april08 thru may 08 and now Im really looking foward to it! Its a special trip for dd's 8th grade graduation! We stay at dvc alot do to my father being an owner so we are spoiled! but by your pics it seems to be set up alot like OKW and SSR! And our last stay we tried values! I like asmu it was neat! But POP Century was awesome! Now were off to POR a moderate to try out! :woohoo:

We stayed at POR in May 2006 and loved it. We requested a building close to the main building. I would highly recomend this! Other buildings can be quite a treck. You can fax room requests to the resort 4-5 days before your visit. My request was honored and since we tipped everyday we had great towel animals to come "home" to everyday. The boats to downtown disney were great.

May I ask what section you were in?And if you dont mind me asking what apprx did you tip?

We were in building 16 in Alligator Bayou. I tipped $5 a day. The towel animals/scenes were awesome. We had the same mousekeeper our entire trip and when my DS's really enjoyed something we got that day, they wrote a thank you note and left it with our mousekeeping envelopes we made before we left for the trip with markers and disney stampers. It was well worth the $5 a day for the pictures & memories we had just coming back to the room each night!

We were in building 16 in Alligator Bayou. I tipped $5 a day. The towel animals/scenes were awesome. We had the same mousekeeper our entire trip and when my DS's really enjoyed something we got that day, they wrote a thank you note and left it with our mousekeeping envelopes we made before we left for the trip with markers and disney stampers. It was well worth the $5 a day for the pictures & memories we had just coming back to the room each night!

Thank YOU! It's much appreciated! How far was the main pool from there? I see where some say it is closer to buildings 27? or is it vloser to 14-16? Just curious the other thread I read was a little confusing

I think it's closest to 14, but not far from 27 either. The main pool is on an island and you have to cross a bridge to get to it. I believe there are 3-4 bridges from different directions. I always crossed from the main building which is closer to building 14. That building is a prefered building and we were not booked as prefered. Building 16 turned out to work well as we could cut accross the parking lot to the bus depot in the mornings. It still wasn't to far from the main pool either. The paths can get a bit confusing, but by the 2nd night we had our route down. If you are looking to be closer to the main building and main pool, I'd go for building 14. But honestly any building in that cluster is going to serve you well. If building 27 were closer to the main pool, it would be farther from the main building than 14-16. You might also want to know there are no elevators in Allagator Bayou, so if that's an issue, request a first floor room.

DH and I love POR. We will be staying there for the third time in January. We have never felt like the resort is so big we would get lost. But, we have stayed in Acadian House (the mansion closest to the bayou section) both times. It is a short walk across the bridges and Ol' Man Isle to get to the main building and a short walk across the parking lot out back to get to the bus stop. The only time that we walked a long distance at this resort is when we got off the bus at POFQ so that we could ride the boat that runs between POFQ and POR. Unfortunately the boats were not running due to wind or something like that. So, we walked. It was a very pretty walk, but rather long.

We stayed at POR in 2004 in building #14 in the Alligator Bayou section. It was close to the main building & bus stop. It is a very big resort. Last time, in 2006, we stayed at PORFQ & liked it better. Much smaller & the buses stop there before going to Por. Only one bus stop at POFQ while there are 4 at POR. Kids liked the PORFQ pool better too.
Jim

Only 57 more days until our stay at POR!!! Our family can't wait!! This will be our first time there, and every post that comes up I get more and more excited!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter