• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review of Whispering Canyon Cafe

MagicalTravelKC

Formerly known as "LoveMyLAP-BAND"
I heard this place was good and I really wanted to give it a try. It took us over an hour and a half to get from EPCOT to the WL so I was really hoping not to be disappointed. Well, I wasn't. You've got to try this place. What a hoot.

We did arrive at the start of dinner so it did take awhile for the action to start. I would recommend not having a reservation for opening (5:00), but maybe about a half an hour to an hour later. My kids loved bringing the catsup and the crayons to the other tables. I embarrased my DH with a huge glass of water. And, we were celebrating my son's 10th birthday so our server asked all the girls under age 12 to come over to our table and sing to him. Then she asked DS which girl was going to give him a birthday kiss (on the cheek, of course), but DS chose his sister!

The food was really good. We had the skillet. Yummy. I LOVE those ribs. Just good food- ribs, corn bread, shrimp. We were WAY too full for dessert so I really can't help you there.

It was a really fun evening. I would definitely return to WCC.

Overall rating
Food: A
Service: A
Atmosphere: B+
Entertainment: A- (it got better as the evening went on so try to make later ressies).

Thanks for the review. Dh DD3 and I have ressies for Dec 9th (our 7th anniversary). I am looking forward to it as it will be our 1st family vacation.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting.

Thanks for the great review, I am going in December. Now I can't wait to try it!:)

I have an adr there for the march trip but its at 5:10 so I would say I need to change it and make it a bit later?!

Thanks for the review. We have ADR's for March at 7:20pm, hope that isn't too late for the entertainment. We have never been and from the reviews here I decided to take a chance on it. The skillet is it like HDDR's food?? I wasn't too kean on it!!!
Thanks again for the review. Sorry it took you so long to get there.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it...we have an ADR at noon on the 26th of December....can I ask though, why did it take so long to get there? I just want to make sure we give plenty of time to get there from EPCOT.

We were there last week, so I'll just piggyback off of your review. It was a fun atmosphere. We were kind of sorry when we realized that no one at the table had ordered anything that required ketchup. DD12 did ask for a refill of coke and got a huge glass of it.

The food was not outstanding, but was pretty good. Two of us got the skillet and did not even make a dent in the amount of food offered. The ribs were tasty.

Great reveiw! My family will be there for dinner dec 8th. This will be our 2nd visitand from your comments I think we"ll have a great time!:santa:

Just got a reservation last night for 4:20pm on the 18th, and lucked into this only because they have opened up some earlier times. Hope it's not too early for the fun as this is why we are going - I'm really excited about it as I have been trying for weeks for a reservation. This is our MVMCP - any ideas on what we can do to get the party started?

We loved WCC. Our server seemed very new and a bit nervous. He did not do anything crazy for our table but the other servers were such a hoot to watch that we didn't notice. I will say that this was the best dinner of our entire week (even better...way better that Le Cellier). This is one we will not go to Disney and miss. The ribs (that I usually don't like) fell off the bone. The rest of the food was outstanding as well. The only bad thing was that the corn bread was so good we ate too much of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter