Review of Treasure Planet on JimHillmedia.com

airlarry!

Did you know some ferns date back to Prehistoric t
Positive review, with lots of in depth analysis of the artwork and acting in the movie.

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Anyone care to guess again as to the box office take, let's say from opening until March?

www.jimhillmedia.com

I have seen it, and I loved it. Loved the characters, story told well, ending all tied up in a nice neat little package, animation great, science fiction aspect done well. Will go to see it again on Thanksgiving Day, will need to in order to pick up on all the things I missed the first time. I laughed and I shed a tear.

The only thing I might caution is that the science fiction aspect might be a little strong for little ones. There are 3 characters that bite the dust, but not in a gruesome gory way.

We saw it today too. Remarkably faithful to the original story. We all liked it much better than Atlantis. Thumbs up from my family of five.

All right, just got back from seeing it at a sucky theater with a dim screen. :( Hopefully I will see it on a better screen later.

The movie's great, and the kids loved it...although my six year old said the end scenes were 'kinda scary'.

The story is a good one, the action (on the crappy screen) was a little crowded, but the interplay between Silver & Jim was unexpectedly touching.

There were lots of funny parts to the movie. The songs by Mr. Goo were forgettable, but the score was great.

My guess? $120 mill...stiff competition this season with Harry & the Hobbits.

In fact, an airlarry post can't end without one boo toward Team Disney ;) and that boo is scheduling two great animated features in the same year. What bonehead thought of this? And putting Treasure Planet up against Harry? Yuck.

My family of Disney Fanatics (well 3 out of 4 anyway :-) managed to see Tresure Planet on an Imax sized screen in Memphis while on our Thanksgiving 'Family get-together'.

It was perfectly suited to the BIG screen - and we all enjoyed it.

It just didn't seem to hit on all cylinders though so I don't think its going to achieve 'blockbuster'. So I'll guess it'll be a $130M 'under' achiever.

They should have released this much earlier in November. I fear that too much competition will bury this film, like many other excellent Disney films have been buried (Atlantis for instance).
But hopefully word of mouth will make this a film to see during the long holiday season.

The WSJ has an article calling it WD bigist "turkey".

Too much competition to become a blockbuster.Maybe should have come out earlier.Excellent visually and stuck to the original story.Bet the guy from WSJ wish he had part of Harry Potter COS' take these last few weeks.He didn't rate it much better.The public sure didn't seem to mind.

It was excellant, my 5 year old daughter and 9 year old boy loved it, pure Disney.

Its a shame it had to be released after being held back due to budget cutting by Eisner.

When will they stop chopping off their toes? This could have had much more impact if released last year when it was supposed to have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter