• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review of Hoop-Dee-Doo

MagicalTravelKC

Formerly known as "LoveMyLAP-BAND"
Okay everyone, this was definitely worth it! I loved this show and would highly recommend it.

Before you are seated, they take a picture of your group. I would have loved this except EVERYONE in our party had their eyes closed. They did offer to retake the photo afterwards, but we didn't.

As soon as we were seated, we had salad and corn bread waiting for us. Even though there was a pitcher of water already at the table, the waiter came over and took our drink orders.

Then the show starts. They did a little bit of the show and then the actors went backstage while we were served dinner. The fried chicken was yummy and so were the ribs. The mashed pototoes were good, but I didn't care much for the baked beans (I like baked beans, just not these). But believe me when I say that I didn't starve! The dessert (strawberry shortcake) was good. I don't like this type of dessert so it is really hard for me to review it.

The show was great. My kids had a great time and I had a great time. It is a show for all ages. (My kids are 9, 6 and 5).

Overall review:
Food: A
Service: A
Atmosphere: A
Entertainment: A

I'm glad to hear you liked it! I have our ADR's but was on the fence if everyone(DS9 and DS5) would enjoy this or not... I think I'll keep it! How were your seats?

Thanks for the review. I'm glad your family really enjoyed the show. We have done the show twice and always had a great time.

I booked the show at the 180-day mark so we had a table right in the front. They give tables in order that they were booked. It's not that big of a place so I think most seats were pretty good.

What a fun place. I ate there as a kiddo and when I was able to return with children of my own I did. The show had not changed hardly at all! We all loved it. It is just good ole fun. I want to go back with the grandkids, (I hope that will be 20 or so years from now...).:rotfl:

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for posting.

My friend told us that this was something we HAD to do. I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for the review!

We had a really good time, and our pic turned out really good and was reasonably priced. The food was good and so was the show, glad we did it.

We went there last year, Dec. 7th, for my B-Day and had a blast. I booked this almost a year in advance and we had 2nd row seats. My Dad(62) was along and was picked on 2-3 times during the show and was kissed by one of the ladies leaving a big red lipstick kiss on his bald head. He was all giggles like a little kid. It was the most I saw him laugh at Disney. We still talk about it. I'm sure we will talk about it for years to come. What great memories Disney makes. This birthday dinner will be in Norway(Epcot).

thanks for the review! This is on my reservation list for my trip in December. I can't wait!

We've been twice '98 and '07. They now give you a ticket price choice based on seating. This year we took the cheapest and would not do that again. We were on the 2nd floor with our backs to the show. We had to keep turning around, it was no good. We also had a lackluster and rather slow waiter. I loved the food and show and think it is a great experience, but I would pay for the better seats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter