• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Review of Caribbean Beach Resort

ThanksForNoticingMe

Mouseketeer
On our most recent Disney trip 0ct. 24th- Nov. 2, 2010....we stayed at Caribbean Beach....and we both LOVED it. :love::love::love:

Room- Our room was 4236 in Jamaica. The room was extremely spacious and very clean. The bright colors and ample lighting made the environment very cheerful. There was plenty was drawer space and the furniture looked brand new. Everything appeared to be be basically brand new...including the mattress. The only tiny compliant I had was that the mattress was rather firm...but that was not a big deal.

I have stayed at other Disney resorts and the fridges didn't work well..the fridge in room 4236 got our drinks ice cold. The air conditioner also worked superbly. I would rate the room a 9.5 out of 10.

Dinning at CBR- One of our favorite meals of our trip was the CBR's table service restaurant Shutters. I got the Jerk crusted tuna with a double order of black beans as my sides, which was very tasty. My DBF had the Char-Crusted New York Strip...which he said was the best steak of the trip. I really don't understand why this restaurant gets such dreadful reviews.:confused3 Perhaps those who don't like it are not familiar with the type of spices used in Caribbean cooking. I would urge anyone to try out Shutters...I think by giving the restaurant a chance you will have a great meal and be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the friendly wait staff.

The food court at Old Port Royal.. was also nice. They had the typical standard breakfast and lunch faire...as well as a couple healthier options..ie. greek salad, vegetable soup, black bean burgers. The people working at Old Port Royal were all very pleasant and helpful. Although we enjoyed our meals at Old Port Royal...we still prefer the Pepper Market at CSR. The quality of the food at Pepper Market seemed to be better than at Port Royal.

Grounds- The grounds at CBR were very pretty and well maintained. We enjoyed the lush tropical feel of the resort. The pools were fabulous and there were plenty of chairs available. The shower/bathroom area by the main pool was spotlessly clean. It was great to layout by the pool and soak up the sun.. while listening to the Caribbean style music play in the background. :goodvibes

We will most def. return to CBR...and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes an island type of atmosphere.

Thanks for the great review - we are heading there tomorrow morning! I am hoping the parks aren't too busy this time of the year. We have been to DisneyWorld a couple of times in the past - but always in the spring!

Wahoo! Here we come!

Thanks for the great review - we are heading there tomorrow morning! I am hoping the parks aren't too busy this time of the year. We have been to DisneyWorld a couple of times in the past - but always in the spring!

Wahoo! Here we come!

The crowds should be minimal....def. less than in the spring. We loved our stay at CBR...I hope you do as well. The only thing I can't speak about is their bussing system...as we had our own vehicle. Have a magical trip. pixiedust:

Wahoo! Here we come!

Shouldn't you be packing? ;)

Still 9 more days for us - I'm very jealous! Hope you have a great trip!:)

On our most recent Disney trip 0ct. 24th- Nov. 2, 2010....we stayed at Caribbean Beach....and we both LOVED it. :love::love::love:

Room- Our room was 4236 in Jamaica. The room was extremely spacious and very clean. The bright colors and ample lighting made the environment very cheerful. There was plenty was drawer space and the furniture looked brand new. Everything appeared to be be basically brand new...including the mattress. The only tiny compliant I had was that the mattress was rather firm...but that was not a big deal.

I have stayed at other Disney resorts and the fridges didn't work well..the fridge in room 4236 got our drinks ice cold. The air conditioner also worked superbly. I would rate the room a 9.5 out of 10.

Dinning at CBR- One of our favorite meals of our trip was the CBR's table service restaurant Shutters. I got the Jerk crusted tuna with a double order of black beans as my sides, which was very tasty. My DBF had the Char-Crusted New York Strip...which he said was the best steak of the trip. I really don't understand why this restaurant gets such dreadful reviews.:confused3 Perhaps those who don't like it are not familiar with the type of spices used in Caribbean cooking. I would urge anyone to try out Shutters...I think by giving the restaurant a chance you will have a great meal and be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the friendly wait staff.

The food court at Old Port Royal.. was also nice. They had the typical standard breakfast and lunch faire...as well as a couple healthier options..ie. greek salad, vegetable soup, black bean burgers. The people working at Old Port Royal were all very pleasant and helpful. Although we enjoyed our meals at Old Port Royal...we still prefer the Pepper Market at CSR. The quality of the food at Pepper Market seemed to be better than at Port Royal.

Grounds- The grounds at CBR were very pretty and well maintained. We enjoyed the lush tropical feel of the resort. The pools were fabulous and there were plenty of chairs available. The shower/bathroom area by the main pool was spotlessly clean. It was great to layout by the pool and soak up the sun.. while listening to the Caribbean style music play in the background. :goodvibes

We will most def. return to CBR...and would highly recommend it to anyone who likes an island type of atmosphere.

Thanks for the great review! Just curious . . . did you request Jamaica and your building number?

Thanks for the great review! Just curious . . . did you request Jamaica and your building number?

No we didn't make any requests at all...other than paying for the guaranteed King bedroom. After seeing the resort I would prob. request either Jamaica again or Martinique...they seemed like the prettiest buildings and that they were located in the best areas.

Glad you had a great trip. I just got back a few months ago and I can't really say I enjoyed CBR as much as you. But im glad you enjoyed it.

We stayed in Jamaica 42 too! Right on the beach path, close to the quiet pool. Great location, we loved it. Close to the bus stop and a short walk over the bridge to Centretown. We stayed in 2007, before the refirbs, and thought the rooms were lovely then! Beautiful resort.

Thank you for making this post at such the right time. I was debating whether to cancel out on CBR but hearing all of this Im glad I chose CBR as our anniversary spot!!:love: I cant wait for May to come around!! Thank you so much

Great review- thank you! We'll be there in a bit over a month! Can't wait!!

Hi ThanksForNoticingMe,
Thanks for the detailed trip report. It sounds like you have a great time. I enjoy reading positive reviews. :goodvibes Thanks so much for sharing! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear CBR get a good review! Thank you for sharing.

Great review! Glad you enjoyed your trip. My daughter & I are headed to the CBR the day after Thanksgiving. I can't wait. This will be out 3rd stay at the CBR.

We stayed at CBR last Feb and it was awesome. Since then we have become DVC members but still have love for CBR. WE stayed in the Jamaica building as well and i thought the resort was beautiful. We ate at shutters as well on our travel down day and i have to agree with you DBF about the steak. It was by far the best steak i had the whole week and that was our first night and we ate at alot of nice places. Le Cellier, Coral Reef Teppan Edo and the steaks just didnt measure up. I think shutters is a little hidden gem and cant understand the bad reviews. Im glad you had fun and its glad to hear one of our favorite resorts are still being enjoyed.

We stayed there for the first time at the end of October.

I was not expecting much.....we've usually stayed at WL or AKL, and two years ago at FW, in the cabins. So, given previously less-than-stellar stays at POR (then Dixie Landings) and CSR (when it first opened), my expectation level was not too high for CBR.

I was pleasantly surprised. The room was terrific (Jamaica building 44). We were given a connecting room with the family that went with us. The resort was beautiful and quiet. Housekeeping did a good job (but no towel animals for us).

The food court was, well, a food court. Nothing too exciting (only ate one dinner there and one breakfast). Didn't try Shutters, so no comment on that.

The only negatives we experienced were the buses. Way too crowded and way too long between buses. So, we simply resorted to driving places we wanted to go, in the latter part of our stay.

Overall, I was very happy with the joint. I'd certainly stay again, I think.

OK... you're making me feel better about booking CBR for our next trip. Thanks for the writeup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter