Review Disney Magic NYE

Sapphirejb

Earning My Ears
I know lots of people like reading reviews especially since the Magic re-furb so here is a quick one from our first Disney Cruise!

Port/Boarding:
Very well organized and quick! We had a PAT of 11 and had boarding call #5. We were on the ship by 12:45 having lunch at Cabanas. Our room was ready by 1 and we quickly changed and headed to the pool which was not very busy

Stateroom:
We were in room 8024 and had no problems at all. Room had the new hair dryer which was in the desk area and never had been used so I assume a lot of people didn't know it was there. Room was fantastic and our stateroom host was great and making sure all our needs were met. There was very little activity in terms of workers still working on the ship. I only saw a couple of people touching up some paint in the adult pool area one afternoon.

Dining:
We had first seating which I would change in the future and it seemed rushed to get ready and at dinner by 5:45. We decided to skip Lumiere and had a sit-down dinner NYE at Cabanas and were the only ones there and probably had our best meal there. Animator's was great for the kids especially the little show at the end. Pirate's night was also NYE even though I had read on here it wouldn't be but it was great fun for all the kids (and adults) with fireworks at the end of the night.

After debating getting off at Nassau, we did end up going to Atlantis for the day and it was busy, 4 ships at port and NYE equals a very busy hotel but it was fun and used DCL to get back.

Our Cruise Director Jimmy was amazing!! Love him and his family were all on board as well and very patient with many people asking him questions, directions, etc. Overall, we had the time of our lives and can't wait to go back!!

We were on the Christmas sailing and had an amazing time too! No issues for us and we loved Jimmy as well!

We cruised in between Xmas and NYE. Had a great time as well. We stayed on board at Nassau and spent the afternoon of CC on board as well. I'd say everyone else were off the ship as AquaDunk and the other slide were empty.

Note that both days were windy and all port adventures at CC had been cancelled.

Regarding issues on the ship, we did see issues with the mid ship elevators. They would get stuck and not move to another floor (but will open right away). It was random as all of a sudden they would start working.

Shutters did an amazing job but half of their terminals to view pictures would not scan the RFID cards. Took us by surprised that they were taking pictures on the last night - this was a 3n cruise and on the prior ones (both 5n) they did not take pictures on the last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter