• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Revenge of the Mummy-The Ride

natsprat04

Earning My Ears
Hi I wanted to know how scary is this ride. I looked at the website & that scared the heck out of me. Is it that bad? I'm not a big fan of roller coasters, but I usually try something once at least. I just want to know what to expect--I don't want to faint during the ride. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I remember riding Space Mountain & I screamed the whole time I think I scared the people in front of me probably more than the ride scared them! :rotfl2:

I rode it only because my kids dared me but i'll never ride it again once was enough....but by all means try it it isnt your typical roler coaster as you go forwards and backwards and stop and THINGS are popping out of places and i didnt like it......:scared: :lmao: good luck whatever you decide

I think this one is a tough one to answer really because everyone is so different. I had heard from friends that The Mummy was really something else but I didn't find it the least bit scary nor did my then 7 year old son. When the ride ended we sat there going "That's it??" :confused3 because of all that we had heard about it. That being said......the lady that sat beside my son was so shaken she left the ride in tears. I did however find the Tower Of Terror in DCA absolutley "terrifying" where alot of people do not. lol Go figure! ;)

There's really nothing to this ride, other then that sudden launch from 0 to 35 mph in a few seconds in the dark. other then that it's nothing but a serious of small ups and downs both foward and back. something similar to indiana jones but more intense and in the dark. it's very fun!

I think all these rides are basically psychological. The parks play with our minds.
Indianajones, space mountain they are dark and loud isn noise

the real scary ones are the ones outdoors......big giant coasters. nothing psychological about those.

I think all these rides are basically psychological. The parks play with our minds.
Indianajones, space mountain they are dark and loud isn noise

the real scary ones are the ones outdoors......big giant coasters. nothing psychological about those.

there's nothing to space mountain, when you see it with the lights on it's like a kiddie coaster, indiana jones is not even a roller coaster just a bumpy ride that jerks you around a lot, very simliar to the mummy but the mummy is way better.

The Mummy isn't really scary at all {character and horror wise}..it is pretty intense and short though.It is NOTHING like Indiana Jones except the Queue area and lighting. It goes backwards for a long time...so be prepared. A crew member told me it only goes backwards for a few seconds..but it seems like an eternity.Not a bad ride but I couldn't see waiting hours to board it.:snooty:

It was a fun ride. I had the same "that's it?!" feeling in the end. I didn't think it went backwards for a long period of time. For me and my 8 yo ds, the queue was the scariest part!
Katie

I rode it not long after it first opened. I used the single rider entrance and was on in moments. I still waited too long. I don't really even consider it a roller coaster. It was that boring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter