Revenge of the Mummy... Hmmm

camsmomE

"right on the bum- that way no one will even notic
I'm trying to venture out of my scared-y-cat box. Can anyone tell me how terrifying this coaster is? I don't mean the effects/plot- that stuff never bothers me. I mean the coaster aspect of it. More specifically- are there DROPS? I can handle speed, loops, curves... but I cannot handle drops. Heck, even the drop on Jurassic Park made me vow to never ride again.

I liked Rockin' Roller Coaster (at DHS) AFTER the initial start up- hated that- enough to never ride again. :lmao:

help?

There are a few drops but I think that they look worse than they are. They are also short in duration because the primary focus of the Mummy is the theming.

How do you feel about Splash Mountain? I've always hated that final drop but I deal with it for the rest of the ride. In contrast, I love every second of the Mummy. But you never know how you're going to feel about it unless you try it of course.

I am a huge wimp and I rode it twice. My daredevil dtr rode RnRc and the mummy and she says the Mummy is really easy compared to RnRC

There are a few drops but I think that they look worse than they are. They are also short in duration because the primary focus of the Mummy is the theming.

How do you feel about Splash Mountain? I've always hated that final drop but I deal with it for the rest of the ride. In contrast, I love every second of the Mummy. But you never know how you're going to feel about it unless you try it of course.

I am a huge wimp and I rode it twice. My daredevil dtr rode RnRc and the mummy and she says the Mummy is really easy compared to RnRC

I despise Splash Mountain. :rotfl2:

I love Big Thunder though.

To be quite honest, I have no clue how I got my chicken self on RnRc!!! :lmao:

I despise Splash Mountain. :rotfl2:

I love Big Thunder though.

To be quite honest, I have no clue how I got my chicken self on RnRc!!! :lmao:

I will say with confidence you'll be fine and probably love it! You sound a lot like me.

It's a little more intense (faster) than BTM but not as intense as Space Mountain (I find SM rough). I'm a BIG coaster chicken (not sure when it happened but it did). I tried the Mummy on our most recent trip and LOVED it! I actually rode it twice! :) I was so mad at myself thinking it was this big coaster all these years that I wouldn't try it before. There's no "big drop or a big climb"...it's got a start off "similiar but not nearly as intense as RCR". It doesn't go upside down either. Because you're in the dark when you do go down a couple of little drops you think their going to be worse because you can't see them..but really they are nothing. I did Splash Mountain last year and won't do it again. I HATE drops! I did Rip Saw Falls too last year and wouldn't do it again this year..lol But at least I did it last year! :)

I'm trying to venture out of my scared-y-cat box. Can anyone tell me how terrifying this coaster is? I don't mean the effects/plot- that stuff never bothers me. I mean the coaster aspect of it. More specifically- are there DROPS? I can handle speed, loops, curves... but I cannot handle drops. Heck, even the drop on Jurassic Park made me vow to never ride again.

I liked Rockin' Roller Coaster (at DHS) AFTER the initial start up- hated that- enough to never ride again. :lmao:

help?

the beginning story portion of the ride does not have drops.
you enter into 2 different rooms, but the coaster does a fast quick stop.

i think that upset me more than the one drop it did have later....

if you can do dinosauer at the motherland, you can positively do Mummy.
(it has less drops than dinosauer.)

i wouldn't really call it a drop but a fast downhill then turn upward at the beginning of the ride.

it all went to quick after that i forget the rest of the ride.
i guess that is why i continually go on that ride so i can figure out if i really like it that much............:laughing:

come back to the 'home front' and ask there.
you'll get lots of opinions....

help?
You might also check out YouTube and watch some of the ride videos so you can see what's in store.

That's awesome that you are trying to ride more. Big Drops make my stomach drop like crazy and I use to hate that but now I love it. However, there are no BIG drop on the Mummy. You do go backwards though. It's pretty awesome. Very, very, very FUN ride.

come back to the 'home front' and ask there.
you'll get lots of opinions....[/SIZE]

Awwwww... I miss you guys! How the heck did your thread fall off my list? Or do i have 2 pages now?! :confused3 I'm going to go back and search for the thread. "Be home soon."

The Revenge of the Mummy is a fantastic, albeit short in time length roller coaster.

After the dark ride portion ends, the roller coaster part begins with a slow and small climb up a hill before it shoots you up and over the hill to a downward turn to the right. Soon after that, another small drop makes you jump out of your seat slightly, then you get speed and curves until the "fake" end. Then, one decent, but not bad at all, drop and then two more curves, then it's all over.

I would say Space Mountain is more thrilling (perhaps though, for some reason, only ridden Space Mountain 3x, where as I've ridden the Mummy 10+x)... the launch is similar in ways to The Incredible Hulk Coaster, only in the fashion that it shoots you off (or like the Rock n Roller Coaster to a much lesser extent).

Try it out.

Oh, jeez. My son isn't the only one with Universal pre-trip ride anxiety. I don't know, I don't know. Where's the icon that shows someone chewing on their fingernails? Can I get out of this one by saying that I've never cared for the "Mummy" movies? ;)

Yeah, I don't like big drops and why I keep agreeing to go on Splash Mountain is beyond me (Okay ... I love the theming and the music).

Can anyone be more specific about the drops? Are we talking 30 feet, 50 feet, 80 feet? Is there a Drop Therapy hut before you get on the ride? ;) Hmmm ... I'm off the check YouTube.

Oh, jeez. My son isn't the only one with Universal pre-trip ride anxiety. I don't know, I don't know. Where's the icon that shows someone chewing on their fingernails? Can I get out of this one by saying that I've never cared for the "Mummy" movies? ;)

Yeah, I don't like big drops and why I keep agreeing to go on Splash Mountain is beyond me (Okay ... I love the theming and the music).

Can anyone be more specific about the drops? Are we talking 30 feet, 50 feet, 80 feet? Is there a Drop Therapy hut before you get on the ride? ;) Hmmm ... I'm off the check YouTube.

I don't know how many feet but as others have posted these are not big drops by any stretch. Think of Dinosaur at WDW or Indy Jones at DL rather than a coaster like Space Mountain.

I wouldn't compare The Mummy with Dinosaur at all.

The final drop in the Mummy, probably around 35-45 ft, it's nowhere near the Splash Mountain drop which is 52 ft.

I've searched on YouTube to see if I could find a "lights on" video of the Mummy (in Orlando that is, I believe there's a lights on version for Hollywood, but different rides)... and couldn't find one, was curious to see how it looked with the lights on.

The mummy ride is only 2 minutes long with the highest drop of 39ft. I think you should be fine on this ride. We love it and always buy the picture and then if it is busy we do the single rider. Whenever im afraid of a ride that is my first time I always make sure that I am in the middle and not at the end. For some reason it makes me feel safer. :confused3

Just be careful when the ride stops throughout as it hurts your stomach so I always use my hands to hold me back from throwing my body forward.

Enjoy it's an AWESOME ride. :banana:

It's an awesome ride, though I have to shut my eyes because I'm a wuss when it comes to the effects. Drops don't bother me, but I don't recall any big drops. I had to ride it 4 times in a row with my 6yo.

I wouldn't compare The Mummy with Dinosaur at all.

The final drop in the Mummy, probably around 35-45 ft, it's nowhere near the Splash Mountain drop which is 52 ft.

I've searched on YouTube to see if I could find a "lights on" video of the Mummy (in Orlando that is, I believe there's a lights on version for Hollywood, but different rides)... and couldn't find one, was curious to see how it looked with the lights on.

Not even. The biggest drop is less than 30 feet.

For comparison purposes, JP's drop is >80, Ripsaw's is 75, Rockit's is >150, Hulk and Dragon Challenge are >100.

Not even. The biggest drop is less than 30 feet.

For comparison purposes, JP's drop is >80, Ripsaw's is 75, Rockit's is >150, Hulk and Dragon Challenge are >100.

Jurassic Park's drop is >80 FEET??! WOW! Suddenly I am SO proud of myself!!! :rotfl2:

if it helps to put in perspective - my mom is scared of heights. she is not the biggest fan of JP - but we NEVER miss the Mummy!!!!

the entire concept is just amazing!!

and....i think that my stomach drops more at the very beginning (which is super tiny - think Pirates of the Carribean...with a tiny twist) than it does during the coaster part where the actual real drop is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter