Rev. Tim

Robyn&Scott102409

Earning My Ears
We are thinking about having Reverend Tim Herring do our ceremony. Has anyone else worked with Rev. Tim in the past? Do you know if there are any videos online of the service he performs? We have reviewed his website and are very impressed with him. He has also been very helpful in providing information to us via email. Just curious.

Hi,

You will love Rev. Tim, he performed my daughters ceremony in Feb. 08

go to stvsvideo.com username: blu-ray password:magic

go to sneak peeks. look for Amanda and Eric and you will see a piece of their ceremony there as well as many outhers that used Rev. Tim.

I originally booked Rev. Tim and ended up asking for a refund about a week before my wedding because I didn't like him. He didn't answer my questions, he refused to do the vows I wanted ("Do you so-and-so take so-and-so..."), and he told me I wasn't very smart. When I called Disney to ask for a recommendation for a new officiant, the woman I spoke with was not surprised at all and even guessed who I was complaining about without me telling her his name. She said she hears bad things about him all the time and wasn't even sure why DFTW continued to recommend him.

I know lots of women on here have had good experiences with him, but I did not. This was almost 2 years ago, so maybe he is better now. If you do a search on the boards for him, you'll find a lot of mixed reviews.

We had Rev. Tim and have nothing but good things to say about him. He always responded to my emails and telephone calls. I asked for specific things to be added to the ceremony and he added them in, no problem (incorporating our daughter in the ceremony specific wording for the sand ceremony, specific readings, etc....). When I was putting together my program, we emailed back and forth so I got everything in the correct order . He was great !! Our guests commented on how unique our ceremony was!

If memory serves me correctly, the previous poster was wanting more of a Catholic ceremony, which Rev. Tim cannot do as he is not a Catholic Priest. Of course, the memory is going, so I could be wrong...

In any event...we loved Rev. Tim, as have many brides. Sorry, we didn't do a video though (wish we would have !)

Wow! I'm so sorry Tiggerific04 that you experienced that. We had Rev. Tim and were REALLY happy with him. We felt that at our ceremony it seemed like he knew us personally even though we'd only corresponded via email and met once prior to the rehearsal. We did want and have a "Semi" catholic mass outside the church. (I say "semi" b/c I'm Catholic and my husband is not so he made it as religious as we as a couple were comfortable with).

Rev. Tim was very flexible, prompt, funny, sweet, and caring towards us. I would recommend him based on our experience and his very impressive resume.

If memory serves me correctly, the previous poster was wanting more of a Catholic ceremony, which Rev. Tim cannot do as he is not a Catholic Priest. Of course, the memory is going, so I could be wrong...

I am Catholic and Rev. Tim told me that a Catholic-type wedding would not be a problem as he does them all the time. The issue I had with him was that I requested our vows to be the, "Do you Bride take Groom to be your lawfully wedded husband..." version where we each answer, "I do" after the statement. I thought this was a fairly common and simple request. He told me I was "not very smart" for requesting this and refused to do it.

After that experience and reading of others' problems with him (ceremonies not performed the way they had been requested) I opted to cancel him and go with someone else. I know there are mixed reviews on just about every officiant, so I just thought I'd throw my opinion out there. I'd hate for another bride to have to go through that. :goodvibes

Do you know if there are any videos online of the service he performs?

IDK if there are any of his full ceremony's online, but if you cetch the WE TV special, "Disney's Dream Weddings" you can see our vows by Rev. Tim. (We were the "Wishes Wedding" featured)
There's only like 2 sentences by him on the "sneak peek" at wetv.com (I'll paste it anyway).
http://www.wetv.com/video/14634770001/kelly-jims-disney-wedding

If I had my wedding video, I'd post it so you could see the whole thing. Sorry-not quite yet.

If I remember correctly I think he also was on "Disney's Royal Treatment" which is posted on the Disney weddings site:
http://disneyworldweddings.disney.go.com/wwed/index?id=PRNews_OnTVPage_en_US

Enjoy! :happytv:

Thanks for posting those videos kcampbell! They were both wonderful to see. It look slike you had a beautiful wedding!

Thanks also to everyone who has responded so far. I believe we are going to go with Rev. Tim. Yes, I do understand that somethings go wrong sometimes and that not all personalitys get along. We both feel comfortable with our telephone conversations with Rev. Tim. We like the fact that he says he personalizes each ceremony to fit each couple. Rev. Tim also has been wonderful in making suggestions to us to help improve our experience. I guess we will just have to wait and see (OMG...our wedding is 6 months from today!!!!!!).

We had booked Rev Tim after a fiasco w/ trying to find a minister even willing to talk to us. Twice he told me straight out that what I wanted was unadvisable b/c I wouldn't have enough time for pictures. I told him the ceremony was more important to me than photos after, and he responded by telling me that perhaps my priorities were wrong.

I don't need that attitude from a minister after already being told by most of the others that my beliefs are too extreme for them.

So we're in the process of cancelling. I think he just believes he's the only one that knows how to do a ceremony and any changes are wrong b/c they go against his opinion.

Sorry if I sound bitter.

OOh we used Tim!! Loved him. He was such a sweet man and had a great personality. We were very happy with the ceremony as well, so nice.

We had booked Rev Tim after a fiasco w/ trying to find a minister even willing to talk to us. Twice he told me straight out that what I wanted was unadvisable b/c I wouldn't have enough time for pictures. I told him the ceremony was more important to me than photos after, and he responded by telling me that perhaps my priorities were wrong.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard!

We were not particulary thrilled with him. He was not responsive, did nothing we asked, and quite frankly I didn't appreciate his sexist sterotyping statements. Our ceremony was borderline bizarre! It made no sense and he carried a ratty portfolio with a yellow legal pad for his notes. I would never give him a recommendation.

Hi

I just had to reply after reading your thread. We had Rev. Tim nand again i have nothing but praise for him, being a UK bride i was extremely nervous as the only correspondance we had had was via email and telephone, we didnt want a religious ceremony and he did everything he could to make sure the ceremony was unique to us. We incorparated a rose ceremony which he made so special, all my family commented on how wonderful he was. You have to appreciate that unfortunately not all people see eye to eye and that personalities do clash. We are looking to do a VR in 3 years and I for one hope that Rev. Tim is still conducting services because i honestly dont think it would be the same without him!!

Toni x

My personal suggestion is that anyone who is bringing in such mixed reviews is going to give you a 50-50 chance of everything going your way. But if you're happy w/ him in your correspondence so far, then you need to go for what works for you. :thumbsup2

I just cancelled him for sure and he told me that I should tell whoever is now ministering my wedding that I should cut my ceremony down or not have enough time for photos. Guy doesn't give up. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter