• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reuse Magic Bands

I didn't expect it to work either, but a nice perk for now. I'd love to be able to link a debit card to the band. Hope that's an option in the future.

Interesting. I wonder that if, once the MB is activated, any attached tickets will work for FP+, or just AP's...

Also getting mixed messages. Another poster said they could make FP+ selections on resort days only. Confused!

they told us initially about being good for three years and that same story it shows up on our account online both the magic band and the annual pass but no way to schedule any fastpasses for any dates not able to do it so we called 6 times and all of them said we had to wait to reorder a new one for a new resort stay... Interesting indeed.

I have one from my trip in September and my AP is linked to it. I was also told by CMs that my AP will always be linked to it.
However, I am returning in November and was given an option to customize a wristband so I did just in another color same goes for my trip in December. I would prefer to just have one MB but until they get it all straightened out I will continue to customize one each time it is offered.
I do plan to take my original one with me just to see if it works or not.

I didn't assume that would work but it turns out it did. We now have all our FP+ for this weekend, awesome!

I'm hoping to figure out a way to tie some sort of payment to the card, since it would be very convenient for the Food & Wine Festival. We loved using the wrist gift cards in past years. Not sure if this will be possible since we don't have a resort reservation.

Can you let us know if the band works for the fast passes after you go? I called yesterday (and am on hold again now to double check), and they told me that although you could make FP+ reservations, the band wouldn't work when you actually went to use them....I hope it does work for you!

Can you let us know if the band works for the fast passes after you go? I called yesterday (and am on hold again now to double check), and they told me that although you could make FP+ reservations, the band wouldn't work when you actually went to use them....I hope it does work for you!

It did work for me when I went two weeks ago. No issues and was even able to schedule reserved Wishes viewing. I have more scheduled for next weekend, hope it doesn't stop working!

Cool thank you! Now I just hope my son's still works...he has been wearing it non-stop since Labor Day weekend when we went!

It did work for me when I went two weeks ago. No issues and was even able to schedule reserved Wishes viewing. I have more scheduled for next weekend, hope it doesn't stop working!

Please post your findings. I'm assuming you are an AP. Correct?

Yes I'm AP. We've gone twice since our BC trip when we received our bands and FP+ has worked both times. No issues this past Saturday at Epcot and I'm still able to schedule more for this weekend.

Same thing here. Stayed in September and have AP attached to the magicbands. We have reused multiple times since our stay and can't imagine going without using the FP+ system now.

Same thing here. Stayed in September and have AP attached to the magicbands. We have reused multiple times since our stay and can't imagine going without using the FP+ system now.

Just to clarify...you AP is linked to your MDEx profile. The Magic Band simply reads that profile. There is nothing stored on the Magic Band itself.

I can sort of report on this. My wife and I have a set of MBs from our stay in Sep. and we've also customized and already been shipped new ones for our stay in Nov. (and just a point to note we stayed off site this trip)

In My Disney Experience, both MBs are linked to our profiles with our APs. So we ended up bringing both sets of bands to try them out.

I actually decided to wear the band from our first trip, and my wife wore her band from our upcoming trip.

We had absolutely no problems getting into any of the parks with either band. We also had no problem with setting up FP+ selections.

The only thing we didn't try was purchasing stuff. But I believe that wouldn't work anyway. With not staying on site this trip the would be no credit card on file in which to have a charge account to link to the bands.

So if you're only using bands for entry and FP+, you should have no problems with any bands from any stay as long as they are linked to your profile in My Disney Experience along with a ticket/AP and the band is activated.

Thanks, Venaros! I think you've answered my question! We are staying at 2 WDW resorts in January and I was trying to figure out if we'd be able to use both bands interchangeably. Seems like that shouldn't be a problem, since you were able to use a band from a previous stay (even tho a CM told me over the phone that each band would only be good to use while we were staying at that specific resort where it was issued.

Thanks, Venaros! I think you've answered my question! We are staying at 2 WDW resorts in January and I was trying to figure out if we'd be able to use both bands interchangeably. Seems like that shouldn't be a problem, since you were able to use a band from a previous stay (even tho a CM told me over the phone that each band would only be good to use while we were staying at that specific resort where it was issued.

The bands do not store any information. They simply have a chip that can read guests' MDEx profiles in Disney's database. Therefore, any and all bands that have been created for you will read your profile. Currently I have 4 bands. They all work. They simply access whatever is in my profile at the time I scan them.

I've got kind of the reverse going... I used my MB before checking in for its assigned stay!

I received my MB for a WDW resort stay at the end of Oct. 2013, but I used it 3 weeks ago at a different resort that wasn't testing MBs yet. I don't attach a credit card to my account, so I have no idea on that, but the MB worked to open my room and enter parks (I have it linked to my AP.)

I can't book FP+ days until my late Oct. check-in date, though. But I can book well beyond that stay - into mid-Dec. as of now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter