• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reusable shopping bags?

momminnie

DIS Veteran
Do you remember to use the reusable shopping bags? (go green bags) I always forget and leave them in the car! This doesn't help the enviroment very much does it?:confused:

I forget them all the time too! I have bought way too many because of this and I finally stopped as I was spending $5 extra each shopping trip. I just try and remember and if i don't I use paper not plastic.

After I unload them in the house I either put them straight back in the car or hang them on the door. In my car I have to leave them on the passangers seat/floor to remember they are there!

Another helpful thing is that at Publix they have signs that remind you to bring in your bags. :)

Good LUCK!

I just had this very same thought today in Kroger as I was checking out. I always forget to bring in my reusable bags, and I keep them on the passenger seat right next to me, so I can see them. I forget them anyway.

I put my purse IN the bag o' bags when I am heading out.

I'm very unlikely to walk into a store without carrying anything. (This usually results in a panic thinking that I had forgotten my purse, and finally "finding" it in the bags.:thumbsup2)

The supermarkets by me give you 2-5 cents each time you reuse it. I'm motivated to make those bags pay for themselves so I never forget them!:thumbsup2

When I do that, I just take my groceries out and bag them at the car.

When I do that, I just take my groceries out and bag them at the car.

When I would forget them I'd do that same thing! I don't know why, but I seem to remember them lately. Maybe I subconsciously got tired of bagging my own groceries at the car!

I always remember now. As the OP said, I get 5 cents back per bag at the Shop Rite, so I have paid for all 6 of my bags a few times over. I keep them in the car so I don't forget.

I have so many I didn't know how many I had. I kept leaving them in the car and buying more. So now once I get home and unpack the groceries, I put them right back in the car. Then I still forget it so I have to go back to the car.

I generally remember, unless I have to run to the supermarket right after work. I've been trying to keep at least one bag in my car, but that's hard.

Great idea to bag groceries at the car. I still use a fair amount of plastic bags for kitty litter duty.

I remember mine every time I go into a store....right at the checkout counter! I used to do this years ago and ALWAYS remember them. Then for some reason I stopped. Now I can't get into the habit of remembering to bring them in. Today was the first time in two weeks I did. We have plastic grocery bags all over the house, I mean how many waste baskets and dog walks can I use them up on?

I just had this very same thought today in Kroger as I was checking out. I always forget to bring in my reusable bags, and I keep them on the passenger seat right next to me, so I can see them. I forget them anyway.

Me too! ..and of course my shopping list is right next to the bags in the car! :headache:

We have been doing good on remembering to take in our bags. I think it helps since DH and I usually shop together, so two people to remember. Sometimes we leave them on purpose b/c we need a bag to collect kitty litter/waste in. We have greatly cut back on the number of plastic bags we bring home (which we used to recycle, now we just reuse them).

I wish I had a locale store to give me a credit for bringing my own bags. After all I am saving them money! A couple times I have gotten so frustrated when I bring my bags in and the cashier asks if I brought them in or do I need to pay for them!!! I then have to point out, um you do not sell this design anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets about them. First I hung them by my purse thinking I would grab both (not).:sad2: Then I threw them in the car thinking that would solve the problem, but oddly enough kept ending up at the check out without them (doh).:confused: But I like the purse in the bag idea, that may work.~:)~

I put my purse IN the bag o' bags when I am heading out.

That's a good idea.

We tend to forget them, OR I end up feeling weird about bringing, say, my Trader Joes bag into Safeway. And so on. :sad2:

Then again, we do use the plastic bags for what little garbage we create (which will be even less soon as we're getting a small composter as soon as we can!), and I REFUSE to use a reuseable bag to carry a box of garbage bags, so it works, basically, the times I forget them.

And someone in our building collects plastic bags to donate to a food pantry, so they don't have to buy bags to put the food in to hand out to people in need, so when we have extra they go in there.

I keep my reusable bags in my regular purse. But then, I have a huge purse. :rolleyes1

I use one of the 5 bag sets from Envirosax which comes in its own little pouch. I just throw that into my purse. I end up carrying them everywhere with me and sometimes they even come in handy for something other than groceries. :thumbsup2

I also fail to bring the bags in often. So, i just have the bagger throw the grocieries back into the cart. The first few times I had them do it, I felt weird...but now I just laugh and they load them in!!

I think that putting my purse in the bag will work. I carry a tiny purse (mini hipster) so the bags won't fit in it!!

For awhile I had a post it on the middle of my steering wheel which helped, but the silly thing fell off. Note to self, get another post it!!

I forgot a lot in the beginning, but i have gotten to where I remember now. It takes a while to get use to doing something different like that. One of my incentives was at bi-lo they give you credit for each bag used. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter