Returning to Disney a year later...how to renew a DAS?

merina888

Mouseketeer
Last year when we went to WDW, we got a DAS for my daughter who has a congenital heart defect. She has a hard time regulating her body temperature and heat/sun seem to wear on her more than most kids. We wanted her to be able to wait out of the sun and heat for rides with long waits. We also had stroller as a wheelchair so that we could have her stay in her stroller sometimes for stamina reason and to give her a safe place to be out of the sun and crowds. This year she was diagnosed with sensory processing disorder and we will again request stroller as a wheelchair so that she has some place to go when she is overstimulated. This has worked well at home. My questions is, I saved the DAS from last trip, can I take it to Guest Relations and have them scan the barcode to pull her up in their system? Will I need to explain again what accommodations she needs (I realize I will need to do this for stroller as a wheelchair)? I just want to be prepared. Thanks for the help!

I believe if you take your old DAS they can pull up your file. Some people have reported being asked to explain their needs again, and others have simply been asked if their needs remain the same. Most people feel that having the old DAS helps streamline the process, but it's not quite as simple as them simply printing a new one.

We just gave them the old one. All they needed to do was take a new photograph. Was very easy.

Last edited:
If you have the old one, it will make the process quicker, even if it is expired.

the DAS is on the magic band now I just walk in to GR and say I need to reactivate my DAS card they just scanned my band and asked if I had anyone with me. it took linger to get the scanner to work then anything

We renewed ours this year by just handing over the old paper one and getting a new picture taken. My question is for next year . . . we don't stay onsite and just buy tickets each year. So her DAS was associated with her ticket, not a magic band. Should I keep that ticket for next year for them to pull up her file like I kept the paper DAS? I'm unpacking and have the ticket set aside, but will toss it if it won't be of any help.

I would say keep the old ticket it may help do you have them linked to MDE if so that might be how they are pulling them up it is not like the tickets are that big and take a lot of space. worst case is you have to tell them all over again why you need a DAS caed

Are the systems at WDW and DL linked? I gt my DAS at WDW this year but will be going to DL in a few months. It will be 7 months apart but I got my DAS like the last week or so before they started putting them on the magic band so I do have the paper card.

they are not linked. I have heard that you can bring your DAS to the other park and it is easer to get a new one, but you will still need to tell them your needs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter