Returning after 4 Year Hiatus

PatsGirl

DIS Veteran
Wow, I had to look back to see the last time I was on this site, four years in January. Yikes! I was a pretty active member of these forums and visited the parks a couple times each year. My friends all considered me an "expert" on all things Disney (of course they hadn't met the rest of you!). My kids are grown, my husband is now an ex, but.....I have a new grandbaby!! so on with learning about everything that has changed. I've spent the last few years travelling elsewhere, mostly solo, but I'm ready to read up and make sure that grandbaby has the best trip ever. It was decided during the pregnancy that I would be the first person to introduce her to WDW and a date has been set for the first week in October 2026 so I have plenty of time for planning. My daughter will join us, so its a girls' trip!

Wonderful! We have a baby DGD too and are eagerly planning her first trip as well, for 2025. What I recommend for you is to look above your post to all the sticky threads. Read the beginning posts for the Genie+, VQ, park reservations and park hopping threads (I promise, they are up to date), then start reading the recent pages and following along as time goes on. The first posts of the other stickies may be out of date, but you could start at the ends and then keep up. I think that will be the best way to get caught up on “how things are now” and keep up with them as your trip gets closer, because it’s likely there will be a lot of changes between now and then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter