• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Returned from CBR today 6-25

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION: I read somewhere that they had REAL coffee at the drink station, not the nasty Nescafe.....can you confirm this?

Yes - that IS a very important question! I'm not thrilled with drinking Nescafe (My name is CrabbPatty and I'm a "good coffee" addict .......)

Is the coffee maker in the room the regular kind where I could bring either filters and good coffee? Hhmmpphh .... since we're eating at Kona Cafe the first night we arrive, I could pick up some of the good stuff there ......

Yes - that IS a very important question! I'm not thrilled with drinking Nescafe (My name is CrabbPatty and I'm a "good coffee" addict .......)

Is the coffee maker in the room the regular kind where I could bring either filters and good coffee? Hhmmpphh .... since we're eating at Kona Cafe the first night we arrive, I could pick up some of the good stuff there ......

Not the original poster but I can answer your question. The coffee makers are the four cup kind and you can bring your own coffee and filters. I have a picture of the coffee maker (sitting on the dresser) in my trip report.

We went camping last weekend and I found a package of the coffee from our CBR room in our luggage. Have no clue how it got in there. I took it out and put it on the computer table and never threw it away so it's right here. This is what the packaging says: Cafe Valet (registered trademark) A Gourmet French Roast Coffee. 100% Arabica Coffee. Distributed by Courtesy Products, St. Louis , MO. Then it gives their website. I went to the site just now and it doesn't say if it's Nescafe or what brand. Okay, now I can toss the package.;)

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Not the original poster but I can answer your question. The coffee makers are the four cup kind and you can bring your own coffee and filters. I have a picture of the coffee maker (sitting on the dresser) in my trip report.

. This is what the packaging says: Cafe Valet (registered trademark) A Gourmet French Roast Coffee. 100% Arabica Coffee. Distributed by Courtesy Products, St. Louis , MO. Then it gives their website. I went to the site just now and it doesn't say if it's Nescafe or what brand. Okay, now I can toss the package.;)

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Courtesy Products is owned by the same company that owns Enterprise Rent-a-Car (I worked for them years ago). It is a privately owned company and Courtesy Products specializes in those packets for hotels, so I can tell you that it is NOT Nescafe, nor instant. What I can't tell you is if it is any good.
Last year, I sent a box ahead of us to the hotel and included Dunkin Donuts coffee, travel cups and sugar packets. We bought milk at the resort.
I was wondering if we would like the coffee that would come with our free drink refil mug at the resort.

Courtesy Products is owned by the same company that owns Enterprise Rent-a-Car (I worked for them years ago). It is a privately owned company and Courtesy Products specializes in those packets for hotels, so I can tell you that it is NOT Nescafe, nor instant. What I can't tell you is if it is any good.
Last year, I sent a box ahead of us to the hotel and included Dunkin Donuts coffee, travel cups and sugar packets. We bought milk at the resort.
I was wondering if we would like the coffee that would come with our free drink refil mug at the resort.

My husband is strictly a Folgers coffee man and he said it wasn't gosh awful but it wasn't Folgers.;)

Thanks for the review. We are staying there April 2010. We usally stay at POFQ but we just stayed there for 2 weeks. And we love it but need a change.

Thanks for the review. We are staying there April 2010. We usally stay at POFQ but we just stayed there for 2 weeks. And we love it but need a change.

I totally hear you. This is our 2nd stay at CBR and it feels very comfortable and like home to us and we love it. But, it would be neat to try something new. But, we also went hotel hopping this trip and checked out POFQ (but it was too hot to really walk around that day, so only saw food court area to pool area), Coronado, Polynesian and Boardwalk. Anyway, think next time we may try Coronado, it appears to be laid out similar to CBR which is what we like, and different food options appeared at the Pepper Market there. Polynesian was nice, but I didn't care for how the monorail situation worked. I know many others may disagree about that. And I didn't really love the main food area, it seemed there was less options in the food court part (Capt. Cook) maybe because it appeared there was 2 table service restaurants upstairs and a sushi bar - none of which we would use. We don't usually like taking up that much time to eat. Also, it's a very deluxe price. If I had a deluxe wallet, I would probably lean toward the Beach Club, but right now my wallet is moderate.

:goodvibes
Thanks for the great review. we are going to cbr in sept and i am looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter