Return trip after 5 years: Outrageous prices!!!!

In the sticky, the prices are effective from the date on one line to the date on the next line, not just the specific date on the line. Do you have a receipt or other personal experience of Cape May being $60? I think most of us are trying to reassure the OP they will not pay $60 for this dinner.

Here is Rusty's explanation for 2015's pricing on the sticky:

WDW BUFFET, CHARACTER, SHOWS, AYCTE PRICES, as of 05/17/2015.
. . . Dates indicate the day the price change is effective from previous date.
. . . Prices do not include Ala Carte menu items
. . . Thus far, no increase for "peak", but there are some "holiday" days in 2015.
. . . It appears that "seasonal" pricing has disappeared, at least through September.

Last edited:
What you posted is the generic. What I posted was an actual price range specific to Cape May for dinner. I just pulled a bunch more AYCTE prices from the same website (below). They are all different. I dont think they are using a generic range...but what do I know. I was only responding to the OPs original post # 1

Boma
Adult price range: $38.33-$42.59;
Child (ages 3-9) price range: $18.10-$21.29

Akershus
Adult price range: $46.85-$55.37;
Child (ages 3-9) price range: $25.55-$29.81

Crystal Palace
Adult price range: $37.99-$43.66;
Child (ages 3-9) price range: $17.99-$21.29

Hollywood and Vine
Adult price range: $30.88-$34.07;
Child (ages 3-9) price range: $14.90-$18.10

Trails End
Adult price range: $24.99-$26.62;
Child (ages 3-9) price range: $13.99-$15.90
So, where did $60 for Crystal Palace come from? Google tells me that allears.net shows that price for Cape May.

Yes, you read that wrong. Where did you read that it was $60?

Its does not include any peak season dates, so Im not sure where you are seeing there is not an upcharge for peak season. I know from experience, there is. Like I posted above, its normally around $10, but now it is showing $20. Maybe that is just for one special meal, Christmas Day or something, but to the OPs point, he/she stated they saw $60 for Cape May and I was just pointing out that his/her eyes were not deceiving him/her and that in fact, at least one day per year, the price is just about $59.59 ($60)!

Do you have a receipt or other personal experience of Cape May being $60? I think most of us are trying to reassure the OP they will not pay $60 for this dinner.

Im not trying to have a debate, honestly. I only responded to the OPs original post. He/she asked if he / she was reading it wrong. Many people chimed in on breakfast prices. I was simply quoting from all ears the dinner prices. I copied and pasted. I did not type it myself, I did not make it up, I did not add $59.59 just for kicks. I, too, want to reassure to OP that the normal price is not $60, but usually close to $40 for DINNER (not breakfast, not lunch) Although.....maybe, possibly, according to all ears, at one point during the year, maybe for a day, maybe for one meal, maybe for an entire week, there could be a price for some special dinner or peak season dinner that costs $59.59.

Supersnoop asked where the OP read $60, I showed one example of where it is stating $60.

Im not sure where everyone is getting the ranges. I am going to all ears, clicking on dining, clicking on resorts restaurants, clicking on Cape May, then clicking on Adult dinner. If you do those steps for each individual restaurant you will see all different pricing.

So, where did $60 for Crystal Palace come from? Google tells me that allears.net shows that price for Cape May.

?? I am talking about Cape May. This thread is about Cape May, no?

Last edited:
But everything cost more than in 2009, including groceries, fruit and produce prices, electricity etc, etc, etc.
I agree prices are high, but I don't compare them in a bubble. WDW prices are no worse, maybe better, that many local restaurants and sporting arena prices here in our area.

I am local and WDW prices are certainly worse than other Orlando restaurants/attractions. Don't get me wrong, I still go there, but we tend not to stay as long or eat as much as we used to. It is way too much $$$$.

This is the generic price range for ALL buffets in Disney. Use the AYCTE Pricing sticky at the top of this forum. Rusty keeps it up-to-date, and it is the most reliable of ALL sources on buffet pricing.
Thanks for the info!!

Hey guys,don't argue! Really I appreciate all the responses and yes it is the top of the range that I read the Cape May Buffet costs. ANY day that's too much! C'mon,who eats $60 worth of food???

Its been 5 years since I have been there and yes there is def a big price difference. In 2009 it seemed much more reasonable and now I am just like seriously.

I also have sticker shock--and I go 3x/year and have for 10 years. While it is true that all prices have increased, it seems that WDW sit down dining has increased disproportionately to other venues. I *choke* on $40.99 for a buffet that was $27.99 a few years ago--especially when quality of cuts has decreased. Example: Boma used to have DIVINE smoked prime rib--but since free dining, it has been strip loin. Still a good cut, but choice--not prime.

I used to eat 2 sit downs per 4 days visit, now I eat 2 sit downs per YEAR........

The first Star Wars weekend the mixed drinks were $14.25. We went again yesterday and the drinks were $13.50. I guess it wasn't profitable to jack the drink prices up higher than they are at the Ritz so they lowered them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter