Return to the Magic- Our Pre Trip Report

I put in the booking reference, and it just linked. I don't think it asked for the additional information that it did when the link up didn't work.

I'll probably change the Magic Bands a couple of times, but DH wants blue again, and I've currently opted for red. I had pink last time. I'm hoping the battery is slightly better than 2 years, so I can use both!

Nope. Its still not working. Think I will leave it for a while, try again & then phone.

I read somewhere on the FAQ that some UK bookings are having trouble, and you have to be provided with a new 8 digit code. Typical! :sad2:

Hi again, just catching up! So, you HAVE to do TOT next trip ::yes::::yes:: :thumbsup2 It is my favorite ride in all of WDW and (just) one reason HS is my favorite park. The first time I went to HS back in 2006 and heard people screaming on it I was like, "No way will I ever be on that!!!" But I finally sucked it up 3 years later and have done multiple rides every trip since. DH likes it but not as much as me; finally 2 years ago DS then 11 agreed to ride it and now loves it, too! Your idea to FP it to give you less time to chicken out is a good idea, but if you like it go on again w/o one. That'll give you more time to look around the "lobby" while your waiting. The details are incredible! Have you ever watched any of the old "Twilight Zone" tv shows? There are some props in the lobby and the library from some of the more famous episodes :)
RnRC is my 2nd favorite ride, partly for the speed and partly b/c I've loved Aerosmith for years. It can definitely be a tad nerve-wracking when you watch the "limos" pulling away lol, but really the ride is so quick that if you don't like it, it's over before you know it ;) I'm a big proponent of trying every ride once, as long as physically you're capable of it and you won't really freak out for any reason. It's the only way to know if you really like or dislike something!

Am I the only one who likes to log in to MDE just to look at my reservation? I mean, at 439 days out, there's not a lot more I can do... but I love seeing it all in there!

My brother and brand new sister-in-law arrived in Orlando yesterday for their honeymoon. I'm so jealous!

I would if I could :sad: but there is something about it being all there on the system to make it really real that you are definitely going! Even at 439 days to go!

Oh lovely, hope they have a lovely time!

It looks right this time too- the free dining detail wasn't showing up before, but it is now! :)

I didn't look... It has been showing as part of the ticket previously (I believe they are tied to the tickets this time, but not sure how that works!)... But I wasn't paying attention. I'll have to look when I'm on NY laptop :)

I know! We're so busy at the moment too, so it is just zooming away! Although if it can slow down over the summer break from school, I wouldn't mind that!! :)

I've been feeling so ill for so long, and today I finally got a doctor taking it seriously enough to investigate! Hooray! And we are 14 months away from our trip! WHOO HOO! :)

My brother and his new wife got back from two weeks in Orlando on Wednesday... I was chatting to my brother about how his trip went earlier.

Back in October, they asked me about what planning stuff they would need to know for their trip, and I wrote them some long, painstakingly explained emails about some key WDW stuff, especially how to use MDE and FP+. We had several conversations between then and their trip, and I kept stressing to make use of FP+, as it's free. They said they didn't want to plan parks in advance, and I pointed out they could still get FP+ on the morning of their trip by going to a kiosk or on the app. We chatted over Google Hangouts whilst they were there, and I asked several times about how they were finding FP+...

In our conversation tonight, he told me about their time at WDW, and made the comment "and then we figured out we could get the Fast Passes too". They literally had no idea. I had told them so many times, and they still had no idea. They didn't realise at all that they could get extra FP+ after their first 3 oe move times around or anything! :sad2:

They waited an hour for It's a Small World, for goodness sakes!

To be fair, they had a great time, but I just don't get it! FP+ is a great system, and it's free! :headache:

:rotfl2:Totally beyond me...

An hour for It's a Small World! :scared1:

That sounds like my brother too. Him and his friends leave in about 68 days, and no matter what suggestions I make, including FP+, it is casually dismissed. The other day I even left him my copy of The Unofficial Guide WDW 2014, but know it will only be casually flicked through on the flight over.

But, as long as they had a good time at the World. :thumbsup2

Have they any plans to return?

Not sure if they'll go back- my brother doesn't like flying. Not sure how he found the experience of the flight, because I think that would be the biggest decided for him!

I have found that no matter how much advice you give regarding WDW, some people just do not heed it. And some don't want it! If my sister or brother/sister in laws were going I would definitely try my best to help them out and give suggestions. But as far as friends and acquaintances, I've stopped giving advice unless they ask. Most know how well versed I am regarding visiting Disney so I leave the questions up to them. Sometimes, depending on the person, I'll make basic comments about FP or ADR's. But really some people don't want to hear anything or just don't believe, especially that so much planning is necessary lol! I'm glad your brother had a good time, and I'm glad you finally have a Dr. helping you. Hope you feel better soon!

We go back to the World in Nov. and I'm in that "boring" part of planning: ADR's are done and can't do FP until Sept. So what I'm working on now is learning all I can about Universal for our Aug. trip! DH and I haven't been since 2000 and SO much has changed. Our boys have never been there so we're all looking forward to it :goodvibes

So, the Wishes dessert party has doubled in price. Hmmmm... That's not so good. I'll have to check out the reviews closely before we book that one now. Bother!!

We were all for going to one last year, then ended up not bothering....would still like to try it though. Not sure now if the price isn't justifiable.

I've seen from reports that the Wishes Dessert Party isn't that good as there are less desserts then there used to be? And with the price going up, I think anyone would have to look closely into mixed reviews..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!