• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Return to the magic offer?

boomgoesthemickey

Mouseketeer
Just received this in the mail and for a brief second got really excited until I saw it was for 2015, the overwhelming majority of rooms are already booked up for the time periods the discount allows. Why even bother sending one out when Disney has to now how far out people plan their trips. I wish i could give the code to someone on these forums but its non-transferable. Has anyone else gotten one of these lately?

Just received this in the mail and for a brief second got really excited until I saw it was for 2015, the overwhelming majority of rooms are already booked up for the time periods the discount allows. Why even bother sending one out when Disney has to now how far out people plan their trips. I wish i could give the code to someone on these forums but its non-transferable. Has anyone else gotten one of these lately?

I know it's very frustrating. I wish there was a discount for booking so far ahead instead of waiting until next year. It's very tiring this little game we have to play every time we go. For the past few years I have gotten a bunch of special offers and codes sent to my house, unfortunately we had no plan of going at that time. If they looked at our history we don't ever go before end of summer so why bother sending us those. How about trying something new and sending us something we will actually use.

My boss got one in the mail yesterday. He said he hasn't been to disney in 15 years!
My family and I have been going once a year for F&W and never get a code!
I tried to let him know how lucky he is to get one but he's not interested . . .

I got an email as well. Using mine for the 30% discount for the AKL, early december.

You know, there is an address on the postcard that you can write to if you want to be taken OFF the mailing list... do you think it could work if you wanted to SIGN UP for the mailing list? Maybe? Anyone interested in trying?

~Cari~ pluto:

My boss got one in the mail yesterday. He said he hasn't been to disney in 15 years!
My family and I have been going once a year for F&W and never get a code!
I tried to let him know how lucky he is to get one but he's not interested . . .
Oh trust me i certainly appreciate them sending me a code but we just got back from a 7 night stay at por in february and right now he have a 7 night booked for october of 2016 at beach club so sandwiching another trip in between isn't in the cards right now (even though i wish it were)

Mine have been the same deals that they are/were offering when free dining came out. It didn't look special to me.

Why would they send you discounts for a time when you already plan to go? They are trying to get you to go when you normally wouldn't or at a slow time. They don't really want you to save money on a trip you already have planned.

Been going for over 30 years, at least every other year, the past 5 years at least once a year, the past two years twice a year. I've never, ever, ever, never, ever, never received a letter, card or email with a pin code. I'm even an AP holder. Feeling very left out.

Been going for over 30 years, at least every other year, the past 5 years at least once a year, the past two years twice a year. I've never, ever, ever, never, ever, never received a letter, card or email with a pin code. I'm even an AP holder. Feeling very left out.

I know your pain......I feel left out too!

I've been going since 1971! I get pins all the time - for my MOM!! I have never gotten a pin for my family! My Mom has gone with me sometimes and so her name was somehow linked to my email address. I don't think that I will ever get a pin code because all the offers that are sent to my email are for mom!

Aaargh! So frustrating! Especially because Mom never goes to WDW anymore!

Mine have been the same deals that they are/were offering when free dining came out. It didn't look special to me.

Why would they send you discounts for a time when you already plan to go? They are trying to get you to go when you normally wouldn't or at a slow time. They don't really want you to save money on a trip you already have planned.
I actually (finally) got a code for free dining at the last minute. I had a trip booked with the stay-play-dine offer and when I got the free dining code it was under the 45 day change date. So I had to pay the change fee. Still saved $ though.

Maybe that's part of it. They probably assume that AP holders typically live nearby and don't need a room. Also, you have an AP, and they know they have you hooked. They probably don't have to do much convincing to get you to go.

I don't really understand the rhyme or reason for it either. I think after our first visit, we got a code, but it was for a time when we wouldn't be going. We've never actually been able to use the darn codes, because it's always for dates that we won't be there. After a trip in last July and then again in March, I got two codes, both for this year. Oh well, they usually end up having good room-only discounts when we go. I am also thinking of trying a Orbitz stack discount, if it's available. I am a little leery though. We did it for Universal, but WDW is a whole different can of worms with FP+, magic bands, and 180+ day ADRs.

We go often and have never received one discount in the mail. My sister gets them often. She has only been three times in 15 years. My theory is that Disney knows my family is "a sure bet" so why send a pin code. Try to lure the others who might be on the fence about a Disney vacation. I really feel like repeated guests should be rewarded-kind of like when we cruise.

The PINs are random. Nobody knows why anyone gets them and why other people don't.

I got one, but there aren't many rooms available in December with it when I was planning on going. At this point, I'm booked at rack rate hoping for a RO discount. My PIN is pretty much worthless unless a room becomes available.

I'm booking 8th - 18th December, would anybody have a PIN they're able to share please? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter