Return of Aladdin stage show on Fantasy

Corfam

Cruiseketeer
Just re-confirmed with Disney that the Aladdin stage show is in fact returning starting on today's May 18th Fantasy sailing. I'm excited to read about any reviews of the newly revamped show. For anyone on-board this sailing, please post your feedback after seeing the show. I'm sure it will still be a few more days of waiting.

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone confirm that it's back?

It is weird that no one on the Fantasy this week wrote back and there have been no indications on Scott's blog either. I guess we should hear definitely tomorrow, once the Fantasy re-docks in PC.

Scott retweeted a tweet about it today that the show was back for the first time last night. No details though. I did see the new Aladdin movie yesterday and loved it, so look forward to seeing what changes are in the show on the Fantasy.

We were onboard the Fantasy last week. I am no Aladdin expert and I hadn't see the live version of the show before seeing it on Friday. We also watched the new movie the night before. I thought it was a good show. Some of the lines were taken from the new movie, but parts of the story line in the Fantasy live version were different from the new movie.

I think the reason that no one has responded is that the boards were down for the upgrade yesterday when we got back! I suspect you will have more responses today.

I just returned from the Fantasy and our cruise was the first to see the premier of the new reimagined Aladdin. It was AMAZING!! Incredible talent!! We also met one of the Imagineers that created the costumes!!

It is back- we saw it. I am really not the biggest musical fan, but it was a good show. The talent, of course, is amazing. I liked the Magic Carpet character the best!

Yes, I can confirm. Sailed on the Fantasy 5/18-25 and saw this show. It was pretty good, but not exceptional. Costumes and sets were excellent. Iago was not funny. No Abu! Genie was likeable but not all his jokes were hits. Overall, worth seeing, but you won’t be blown away.

Yes, I can confirm. Sailed on the Fantasy 5/18-25 and saw this show. It was pretty good, but not exceptional. Costumes and sets were excellent. Iago was not funny. No Abu! Genie was likeable but not all his jokes were hits. Overall, worth seeing, but you won’t be blown away.
Sounds like they went the Broadway route - no Abu there either.

We were on the Fantasy May 18-25 and saw Aladdin. We weren't impressed at all. Hubby and I agree that they REALLY need to change the costume on the genie. He looked like he had a female chest. It was distracting and odd. Jasmine had a beautiful voice, but other than that, it was a let down for us.

Had you seen the Disney Fantasy stage show from before the reimagining? If so, how do the two shows compare?

We were on the Fantasy May 18-25 and saw Aladdin. We weren't impressed at all. Hubby and I agree that they REALLY need to change the costume on the genie. He looked like he had a female chest. It was distracting and odd. Jasmine had a beautiful voice, but other than that, it was a let down for us.

Had you seen the Disney Fantasy stage show from before the reimagining? If so, how do the two shows compare?

It is back- we saw it. I am really not the biggest musical fan, but it was a good show. The talent, of course, is amazing. I liked the Magic Carpet character the best!

! Genie was likeable but not all his jokes were hits.

That's always been an issue with Genie in any of the shows he is in. Same with Hades when they had Villians. I guess they figure throw enough of them out there and you're bound to get some hits with everyone even if not every joke hits everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter