Retirement Party favor ideas?????

lukenick1

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a creative yet inexpensive favor idea for a retirement party??? Please share!
Thanks

How about making those small satchels people usally make for weddings or showers but instead put in a few golf tees.

What kind of job is this person retiring from? It might help with some relevant ideas.

My aunt is retiring from a clerical position with the state of NJ and I've been asked to come up with favors. Help?

How about eye masks for sleeping in! :) They sell those at our $1 store.
You could use fabric markers to write on them too.

CityGirlLost:

Pencils or pens with custom printing on them

Bubbles (for her return to freedom and what she wants to do) You can always add your own sticker/lable for personalization

A CD with a compilation of music from her years of work (year she started work to present) Music can have a work theme too!

Scratch off Lotto ticket in a little bag with a "lucky penny" to scratch it off.

We did this for my niece's shower (she had gotten engaged and was getting married Friday the 13th so we wanted to do something that had something to do with luck). People loved it. I made up a little poem to go with it and attached it to the little gift bag.

Friday the 13th
Is usually unlucky
But for ___ and ___
The day is quite ducky
Engaged on a 13th Friday
And to be wed on one too
Scratch off this ticket
And bring their luck to you.

OK so I'm not Robert Frost. ;)

The little organza gift bags cost Like $20 FOR 100, so like 20 cents apiece, the Lotto ticket was $1 the penny was...a penny. The whole thing cost $1.21.

You can prepare some games and let the people attending the party play them. These will create humor in the party and make the people enjoy their.

There are many one minute games, which people actually enjoy.

If you are interested I can suggest you some.

I would suggest that whatever favor you choose, keep it something consumable, rather than some sort of knick-knack type thing. Over the years, I have noticed that food type favors (or the scratch ticket type thing previously mentioned) tend to get taken home, but if you give something decorative, people leave them on the table because they don't want something that is going to be hanging around their house. So don't waste any money on something that people aren't even going to take home unless you want to have a bunch of them later.

Candy, a baggie of cookies, a specially decorated cupcake or something of that sort would be a good option.

:confused3

I'm sincerely confused. Why do you have to supply favors for a retirement party? I think the whole favor thing is really getting out of hand.

The very most I'd be willing to do would be individually bagged cookies.

Honestly, I have never heard of party favors for a retirement party. Unless the guest-of-honor is demanding that you do this, I'd rethink the whole concept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter