retention rate?

beautybutafunnygirl

Living a Fairy Tale
Does anyone know how many CPers leave before their program finishes? I imagine it would be a lot, especially in the first month or so...

I think that is so rude, so many people want to get in, who would stick it out but don't get in. If someone accepts they should stay with the acceptation of an emergency.

I think that is so rude, so many people want to get in, who would stick it out but don't get in. If someone accepts they should stay with the acceptation of an emergency.

I was going to say some people (like myself) get put/put themselves in bad situations and try to stick it out but come over whelmed with problems both from home and the cp.

I don't think anyone goes into the CP with the intention of quitting. A lot of the people who quit are the same people who wanted it badly enough in the first place and probably thought they would stick it out. But there's no reason to stay somewhere you're unhappy if there are people willing to take your place.

I know many (if not most) people who left early were termed due to their actions. Most of the time it was for underage drinking/drugs in their apartment. I doubt anyone would spend the time and money to participate in the CP to purposely leave early.

I had a roommate who was accepted for Spring advantage and just left at the end of spring with the rest of us. She wasn't crazy about her job (Cosmic Ray's). I don't see it as selfish.

I have heard a lot of people do not stay for the whole of their program and most people who do leave before the end of their program leave close to the beginning of the program. That being said, I do see it as selfish. The college program, generally, has "young adults" in it and those young adults need to realize that when they sign up for something they need to follow through with it, whether they like their job or are unhappy or whatever else. There's plenty of reasons to stay and the main one I can think of is that you said you would. When you pick your start date you say you will stay until your end date and leaving early is pulling out of that, which is why Disney makes it so hard to get accepted again because who knows, the person who left may leave again, possibly putting them in a tight spot when it comes to workers.

Legaleen- that makes a lot of sense. I imagine it's probably a bell curve of lots of people leaving in the first month because they have a rough time transitioning or it isn't what they expected, and then things kind of cool down and then like a month before it's over lots of people leave because they're exhausted/tried to stick it out but decided it wasn't worth it.

In general-
That said, I try not to judge when it comes to decisions I don't know a lot about. I agree (like I think we all do) that it's selfish to take a spot in the program without a strong intention of finishing it. But I also don't know the specific circumstances people are in that leads them to make decisions like that. It could be completely justified.

So yeah, I think we're all in agreement! Not trying or being lazy=bad, trying your hardest but not having things work out= hope things get better and best of luck to you in the future! :)

i see no problem with people leaving the program if they're unhappy with it. you are allowed to leave, much like you can leave a job or school if you do not like it. no one would try to stop you, so i think it's unfair to pass judgement. it's not your life and it's not up to you. what about the people who hate it but can't leave? i think that's much worse. i have 2 friends there right now - one loves his job and the program, the other absolutely hates it but she will lose her health insurance if she leaves and she will no longer graduate on time if she leaves. it's ruining her experience and while i doubt she's going to be grouchy to guests, i can imagine that impacts her work as well. no one needs to justify their reason for leaving to any CPer or anyone else as long as it does not affect them. i sincerely doubt that anyone goes in planning on leaving, but things change.

also, i think only one person actually answered the OP's question. OP, someone said 2/3 stay.

-One of my roomies left because she had trouble making friends

-Another boy left in a rage because he hated QSFB (no the job is not that bad he really wanted entertainment and didn't get it even after his managers pulled some stings to get him a private audition type thing) this same boy went on the badmouth the program all over the internet.

-One got unfairly termed because of something she didn't even do

-Two left early because they were disenchanted with the whole thing by then

Honestly a lot of the people who willingly leave early tend to be very self-centered people who expected the program to be a giant love fest of people praising them and playing all day ever day. It may be Walt Disney World but at the end of the day it's still a JOB and it's not YOUR vacation. You're here to make the real guests at Disney happy.

*This doesn't include about 3-4 people who I knew left for REAL reasons (sick family, personal illness, school and such)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter