Retail special at universal Orlando

bound4wdw

Mouseketeer
I know Universal normally has an ongoing special at most of their store inside the park and elsewhere. Last time we were there at Halloween it was buy a $200-300 gift card get a free wand. Does anyone know what they current special is?

Not sure how much experience anyone has with this, but here goes. I’m assuming it’s a gift card for food only, and you pay $120 to get a $150 (food only) gift card.

Can this be used at restaurants, or is it the food trucks and pop up shops only? Can it be used on CityWalk?

Thank you for all the replies.

I was hoping for the same as last time.Plan on buying gift cards to buy my universal annual passes, but not if there aren’t any specials.

Not sure how much experience anyone has with this, but here goes. I’m assuming it’s a gift card for food only, and you pay $120 to get a $150 (food only) gift card.

Can this be used at restaurants, or is it the food trucks and pop up shops only? Can it be used on CityWalk?

I was hoping for the same as last time.Plan on buying gift cards to buy my universal annual passes, but not if there aren’t any specials.

“Guests will be able to redeem their activated Universal Orlando Resort Food and Beverage Card at any food and beverage location in Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, Universal’s Volcano Bay, and Universal CityWalk.”

Just an update here that I’ve found out from the lady at the guest services counter. There are three different gift cards. Shopping: that can only be used to by merchandise in stores, Food: that can only be used at any food or beverage counter, and a general gift card that can be used anywhere. Buying the gift card to get the free wand is a shopping gift card that can not be used on food or towards the purchase of an annual pass. We even tried it today, when we are had two old cards that were purchased during a buy a $200 gift card get a free wand. I could not use it to buy my annual pass or at a food counter.

I asked her about the Mardi Gras gift card that is s $150 gift card purchased for the $120 price. Or $75 card bought for $65(I believe). She read off all the places that it can be used and it seemed like all the food counter and carts in Universal Studios were listed including the good morning cafe, the Italian restaurant, and the burger place. I’m sorry I’m trying to recall most of a conversation that happened about 10 hours ago. The card can only be purchased during Mardi Gras, but never expires. I will try to get one on Saturday and try it at a few different places to see how it works. Obviously a never expiring food gift card that is 20% off the price is a hell of a deal, even if only able to be used in Universal Studios. And since the annual pass discount come off first that is about $175 worth of food for $120.

Ill find out what I can when I go back.

Just an update here that I’ve found out from the lady at the guest services counter. There are three different gift cards. Shopping: that can only be used to by merchandise in stores, Food: that can only be used at any food or beverage counter, and a general gift card that can be used anywhere. Buying the gift card to get the free wand is a shopping gift card that can not be used on food or towards the purchase of an annual pass. We even tried it today, when we are had two old cards that were purchased during a buy a $200 gift card get a free wand. I could not use it to buy my annual pass or at a food counter.

I asked her about the Mardi Gras gift card that is s $150 gift card purchased for the $120 price. Or $75 card bought for $65(I believe). She read off all the places that it can be used and it seemed like all the food counter and carts in Universal Studios were listed including the good morning cafe, the Italian restaurant, and the burger place. I’m sorry I’m trying to recall most of a conversation that happened about 10 hours ago. The card can only be purchased during Mardi Gras, but never expires. I will try to get one on Saturday and try it at a few different places to see how it works. Obviously a never expiring food gift card that is 20% off the price is a hell of a deal, even if only able to be used in Universal Studios. And since the annual pass discount come off first that is about $175 worth of food for $120.

Ill find out what I can when I go back.

Thank-you for sharing this update

Can the dining card be used at table service restaurants like Toothsome and Antojitos?

Does anyone have a link of where to buy this gift card or is it only sold in parks?

Here an update, can be purchased at any of the Mardi Gras booths only. I used it to buy 2 butter beers in IOA, but they said they couldn’t accept it at Pat O Brian’s. Obviously worked everywhere in US.

Here an update, can be purchased at any of the Mardi Gras booths only. I used it to buy 2 butter beers in IOA, but they said they couldn’t accept it at Pat O Brian’s. Obviously worked everywhere in US.
Keep us updated. Particularly where it works at City Walk. We have 2 Toothsome reservations, and a Cowfish. We will also probably do Red Oven Pizza and Voodoo doughnuts. everything else should be in park or at the Hotel ( assuming they don’t work at the Hotel restaurants).

You had a choice from 4 non-interactive wands. My daughter also saw a sign but I didn’t get a photo at islands of adventure. If you spent a certain limit, you could get a Universal Studios duff bag for around $25 dollars79002F56-D46E-46C2-9803-6EC080AF0849.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter