resturants

minnie24

Mouseketeer
Hello

I'm getting married in disney wedding pavillion and we would like to go a resturant after the wedding where you can wear you wedding dress and have a menu for people with varied tastes. If any one could reccommend i would be grateful

Minnie24 :Pinkbounc

minnie24,

I would highly recommend Yachtsmen Steakhouse at the Yacht Club. We had nothing but good things to say about this place. They were a huge help with everything and the food was incredible. We worked with the staff to make custom menus for everyone without prices, and they sent us their full menu and we picked out what we wanted on our wedding menu.

I had the Filet Mignon and Lobster and it was the best steak and lobster that I had ever had.........I felt stuffed into my wedding dress after dinner but it was worth it!! They had everything ready and our table waiting when we got their after our recpetion at the Grand Floridian and they were super nice people

They even took care of our cake and cut it up and served it to all of us after dinner :)

Hope this helps

Doctor Tigger-

Do you remember how much that was per person? Sounds wonderful!!!!

Thanks!

what would be really helpful in recommending a restaurant for you is how many guests are attending your wedding? there are a few places in mind but it's hard to suggest when i don't know how many guests will be attending.

rob and i chose to have our reception at the atlantic dance hall. i think the menu for it is on yourfairytale.com

That is my most favorite meal at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Its called the land and sea and it is 50.00 per person. I would like to mention that this restaurant goes above and beyond the call of duty. I recently was married at the Wedding Pavilion in May of 2003 and although I had a reception at the Yacht Club the following day I had a dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse being all excited about being FINALLY married of course I shared this with our waiter MICHAEL (Whom I might Mention is the best waiter there) and what he did was so special. He snuck a rose to my husband to give to me. He also came over with complimentary glass of champagne for my whole table (there was 5 of us) and complimentary dessert as well. This restaurant is the perfect place for your ceremony meal and I would highly recommend Michael. All you need to do is ask for him and they will do there best get him to wait for you. If you do end up getting him tell him that Ellie sent you ( He knows us by always talking about the Richard Petty Driving Experience, We travel to Disney every 6 months;) and always request him when we are there ) He lives in Celebration and knows alot about the grounds so he actually stays and talks a bit about what he knows. It is great and so is he!!!!
I hope everything works out for you no matter what you chose.
I know it will be a magical time any where you go!!
Have fun and don't forget to let us know where you went and how things turned out.
Ellie

I know quite a few Intimate Disney Brides have had their wedding meals at teh Yachtsman and highly recommend for that occassion alone.

I'm with ellie again, this is a great restuarant with some great choices for ALL of your wedding party - the food to my mind is some of the best I've had on Disney property.

California Grill is also one of my favorite restaurants but some people can find the menu too hard - but you can sort this out with the restaurant manager beforehand if you want to do a set menu - I personally love the food here and the other thing is if you pick the right day and time for your wedding you'll be able to see the MK fireworks from the CG giving your guests such a magical end to the night.

Ok, you all mentioned that the land and sea dinner there is $50 per person. Is this $50 pp for everything? All drinks, etc? Or are drinks extra? Do you think they could accomodate 40 people? And does anyone know how far this is from the Swan?

Thanks!!!

If you are going to be at the Swan you might consider either Palio's (which is actually in the Swan) or Shula's across the way for the Dolphin. Both are lovely and I'm sure would have someone work with you to plan a spectacular meal.

The Yachtsman is about a 5-10 minute walk from the Swan along the footpath. That $50 pp is just for the entree - everything else is extra.

If they have availability they would accommodate that many people.

HTH

We are having our wedding dinner at Yachtsman. We have yet to plan the menu, Lynn is going to work with us on this when we get to 100 days which is in about 26 days :bounce:

I'm figuring 15 people at $100 per person which will include drinks, dinner and gratuity.

D&R love Disney here is a link to the yacht club menu as of 5-03

http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ys.htm

Maybe this could give you an idea of what you can afford.

Remember though the sky is the limit as far as menus. They can accomodate just about anything you request as long as it is within reason and you can mix up the menus as well.

Good Luck with your planning and I know you will be very happy with your choice.

CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks, I've eaten there before and use Deb's site all the time. We figure to offer a few different steaks, chicken, seafood and vegetarian entrees. Out of the 15 at dinner 5 don't drink alcohol so that'll be a big budget saver ;) We'll be doing the cake cutting at the intimate ceremony which is at 3 and dinner isn't until 5:30. Not sure how many people will want additional dessert but it will be available.

I hope not to burst my dress with all the great food :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter