Restrooms while in line

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has a urinary tract disorder and has had surgery 3 times. She can't hold it very long. I've had to leave several lines with her at WDW and the people behind have never said anything when I came back, even without explaining the situation. I've always wondered if maybe I should get one of those guest assistant cards just in case I get in front of a jerk one day, but I've never had to.

You don't need a card. Disney will let you get out of line to go to the restroom. People who complain are just people who need to complain about something. As far as just not getting inline if you have a weak bladder or for any other reason may need to go to the restroom that sounds crazy. People have a right to let someone hold there spot while they go to the restroom.

I also wouldn't mind letting someone back into a line for an emergency potty break. I can hold it like a camel, and so can my DD, but when she "has to go" she "HAS TO GO NOW!!!" What is there to explain to the people around you? They have already heard:

DD: Mom, I need to go to the bathroom.
ME: Are you kidding me? You'll just have to hold it!
DD: I need to go NOW.
ME: You don't really expect me to get out of this line and take you to the ladies' room after waiting all this time in line, do you?
DD: I NEED TO GO NOW!!!!!

At this point, I would assume everyone around us is saying, lady, take this kid out before she has an accident! :rotfl: Of course, we would leave my DH to hold our spots. Usually people will smile and laugh when we come back.
I mean, if you have kids you understand the concept, and that covers a lot of people in line. If you've never had a sudden urge to "go" as the commercials say, then I say you've been extremely lucky! Give the others a break!

I don't have a problem with people leaving lines and catching up for whatever reason as long as they use common sense and keep the retreating party as small as possible! A single adult, or an adult and one or two kids leaving for a potty break or to run for FPs is fine with me....three or four folks leaving to get snacks or see another attraction and then rejoining their party is not kosher.

I also wouldn't mind letting someone back into a line for an emergency potty break. I can hold it like a camel, and so can my DD, but when she "has to go" she "HAS TO GO NOW!!!" What is there to explain to the people around you? They have already heard:

DD: Mom, I need to go to the bathroom.
ME: Are you kidding me? You'll just have to hold it!
DD: I need to go NOW.
ME: You don't really expect me to get out of this line and take you to the ladies' room after waiting all this time in line, do you?
DD: I NEED TO GO NOW!!!!!

At this point, I would assume everyone around us is saying, lady, take this kid out before she has an accident! :rotfl: Of course, we would leave my DH to hold our spots. Usually people will smile and laugh when we come back.
I mean, if you have kids you understand the concept, and that covers a lot of people in line. If you've never had a sudden urge to "go" as the commercials say, then I say you've been extremely lucky! Give the others a break!

situations like this I think most people would be ok with, but last year at BTMR a group of 6 or so tried to join the rest of their family up towards the front. Someone behind me wouldn't let them through, and I didn't plan on it either, if it's a kid, that is fine, but more than 1 or 2 people, just wait for your entire group to enter the ride. Its sad that some people take advantage to the point where people have to question things like this. There is another post on the boards right now where a father took advantage of his child to obtain a rider swap pass, what would stop a parent from saying they came back from the potty just to cut up ahead of people?

I always ask before we get in line as well, however, things happen. When DD7 was 4 we were in line for our first ever ride on EE. Fastpasses were gone for the day and this was our only shot to ride so we got in the 90 minute line. She went to the batroom right before but about and hour and 15 minutes in she had to go. Being little, that mean now, not when we got the chance. I took her out of line and hoped we could get back (before the rest of the family got on). Everyone was very understanding both getting out and back in to the line. We made it back just a few minutes before the family got on the ride. Let me tell you, anyone riding after us should be glad they let us out of line, that Yeti would have scared the pee out of her if I hadn't taken her and then they would have had to clean the ride! Don't get me wrong, she loved it, but he sure startled her!

situations like this I think most people would be ok with, but last year at BTMR a group of 6 or so tried to join the rest of their family up towards the front. Someone behind me wouldn't let them through, and I didn't plan on it either, if it's a kid, that is fine, but more than 1 or 2 people, just wait for your entire group to enter the ride. Its sad that some people take advantage to the point where people have to question things like this. There is another post on the boards right now where a father took advantage of his child to obtain a rider swap pass, what would stop a parent from saying they came back from the potty just to cut up ahead of people?
While I would never cut in line like this, I can't imagine that anyone thinks that they have the right to stop another person from passing them in line. Seriously, you have no idea what is going on in their lives. By stepping in front of a group of people trying to pass, you risk being assaulted - or worse. Is it really worth it?

WDW is a place that I go to escape this sort of thing. Someone would have to do a lot more than skip in line for it to effect me in WDW. My attitude - let it go - it isn't worth it... :goodvibes

I don't mind letting a parent and small child back in line to catch up with their party, even though I have seen several parents w/small children who have had to leave the line, and they just rejoin at the end of it.

If I ever have to leave the line for any reason, I expect to rejoin at the end of it as well. I don't expect people to hold my place in line. I'll just wait until the line is shorter if I don't want to wait in a longer line.

Sometimes people can't wait 90 mins to go to the bathroom, even if they go right before they get in line. I think its selfish to expect that everyone can "just wait and not drink".

I agree - As someone who has Interstycial Cysitis for over 24 years, I have a hard time with holding my bladder for a long time. My bladder capacity is much smaller than a normal person and if I hold it, my bladder lining will hemmorage. This hurts really really bad, and once it becomes painful it stays like that and swells and hurts for the next few days. Holding it, even when I've gone to the bathroom 10 minutes before can still feel like someone who has held it for 10 hours.

Sometimes, you don't know the whole story. People shouldn't be so mean -when I hear people get rude when someone has to go to the bathroom, it makes me sad. Don't judge others until you walk a mile in their shoes.

Also, how can someone control when a small child goes to the bathroom. I just don't get why some people have to be so mean. It's as if they are mean and spiteful and want to just get nasty over anything.

Oh and I make sure to go before I get in line if I know its a long line, and I don't get out of line to go.........but I just had to bring this up because it really makes me mad. In the overall scheme of things, lighten up and move on.

When we took our then 4 yr old DD to WDW in 2007, we two cases where we were in line and she had to go potty. The first was on our first day at HS and we were in line for the back lot tour (not sure if that is the correct name), I took her out of the line and asked a CM where the nearest potty was located and asked if we could join the rest of the family afterwards. She told were the potty was but told us we would have to get at the back of the line. So, DD and I visited the potty and then got in line to visit Mickey instead and waited for the rest of the family. The second time was at Mk and we had been in the line for Ariel's grotto for over an hour (She really wanted Ariel's pic and autograph). It was near the park closing time and a CM had already but a rope up so no more people could get in line. I explained to this cast member the situation and she told me that we were welcome to go to the potty and get back in our spot. DH stayed in line for us. So I guess it also depends on the situation and where you are.

Never been a problem for me! I suggest you do what our family does: everyone wears a diaper! They make them for all sizes of people and if you gotta go you just go.

Well, I would never stand in a 90 minute line so there's that.

But even in the lines that I stand in, which are generally less than 30 minutes, if someone had to run to the bathroom I would certainly have no problem with them getting back in line. I would even hold their place if they asked.

But logic also dictates that if you know going in that the line is 90 min (which you will, because it's posted) and you know that you generally cannot go 90 min without having to go to the bathroom, then don't get in the line. Wait for a shorter line, pick up a FP, get in the single rider line, whatever. But if you know you can't wait an hour between bathroom trips because you're pregnant or have a bladder problem or whatever, then most folks don't put themselves in situations where they might be stuck in an interior line that is difficult to get out of and then back into. You just need to size up each line when you get into it.

:earsboy:

Hmm, so maybe instead I should get a Dr's note for my interstycial Cysitis and then tell Disney that because I have this medical condition (and show them this thread) and since guests expect me not to ride because I can't hold my bladder due to this medical condition that I have had for over 24 years (no cure), that I should now be able not have to wait in line because of the Disability act. I don't think Disney would say I couldn't or any child couldn't ride the ride because they can't hold their bladder for 90 minutes.

I just can't believe you would even say something like that. :confused3 Are you so cold and heartless that you would tell a pregnant person they can't ride something? Or a child? or someone with a medical condition? Who are you to say they shouldn't be allowed to ride.

What makes you the ultimate judge. I think Disney gets gets the say, not you.

I'm actually disgusted with some people's responses here. By all means, if you or your little one has to go, please leave the line and go to the bathroom without a worry. For those who find it most inconvenient to let you back in line (where you were waiting along with everyone else) without complaining-do you really care what they think anyway? Obviously a decent human being is not going to abuse the situation and take bathroom breaks while on EVERY attraction line. And that's what this thread is about, decent respectful, line "law" abiding people who find themselves in a tough situation-not 1 person holding the spot for the entire 15 member family. Geez people, show your humanity for crying out loud.

Sometimes browsing these boards is a real downer.

So no good rides for people with bladder problems? :confused3
All rides are fair game for people with bladder problems. But you do have to plan around that the same way you plan around anything that makes it difficult to wait in line. And, chances are, if you have a bladder problem, you are quite used to planning such things. (Where to sit in the movies so you can go often to the bathroom; planning when to leave the stand at a sporting event to hit the restrooms before the half; how to discreetly get to a restroom during a wedding; etc.) My point was that if you HAVE a bladder problem (as my mother does) we don't GET in 90 min lines if she knows she can't handle a 90 min line. We come back to that ride later or we try to hit it earlier the next day or we skip it altogether or she utilizes some sort of "management tool" (such as Depends).

It's the exact same thing as planning around someone in, say, a walking cast, who maybe can't stand in line for 90 min. Or planning around your DH, who WON'T stand in line for 90 min! It's just an additional layer of planning. And if you use FP and plan your day, you shouldn't have to stand in any 90 min lines anyway, right?

:earsboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter