Restrooms & Comfort Stations at FW

bstnsportsfan

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are taking a small trip up to DW (we live 2 hrs south) and staying at FW for the first time. Its just myself and my gf and we're both in our 20s. We always go to Disney but never stay at FW, my gf really wants to. I'm a hotel person. Right now we have a preferred site (we have a tent) for saturday night but my also stay this friday night. The decision maker on friday night is the restooms and showers.

I tried scanning te past couple pages of posts but didn't see much thats why I posted.

Are they clean? I know its Disney and everything is spotless, but how are the showers? Also is there less line at night? We are going up there this weekend 2/3-2/4. I'm camping more for my gf than for me. I know we will have fun but having never camped I don't know about shower facility. Please share you experiences! Again it just my gf and I we have no kids. Thank you!!:cool1:

I've tent camped at FW and the showers are very clean night time is a good time to take a showers, but it depends on the time. lot of people come back and take showers before going to dinner so if you showers late there will be no lines. The bathhouse is open 24 hr. Have a good trip I hope you like Fort Wilderness and camping.

They are very clean. :thumbsup2 We camp in a motorhome with a full bathroom and I still use the showers at the comfort stations because they are so nice. There is a solid privacy door into the "changing" area and then a shower curtain in the actual "shower" area. Have fun!

Very clean. Like the private dressing area with each shower. We also used the laundry to do our dirty clothes. Again very clean. Although pricey, it did save us from having to bring too many clothes.

Jim

Also, you might want to rethink the preferred sites. There is not much room on them for setting up a tent. You will have this long driveway (designed for the big motor homes) and a small sand area. You also probably won't need the sewer. Now if you are planning on bringing a TV and want the cable, then that's a different story. You might want to call and see if there are any partial hookup sites available. Larger area to set up your tent and less expensive too.

I just left FW today. It was my first time there in an RV since I was a kid. I decided to use the showers at the comfort station since it would be my last "real" shower for a couple of days. I was very pleasantly surprised. The comfort station was immaculate. The shower was hot for the entire shower and the nozzle had several settings. The floors are a stone floor look and the walls are a rustic tile. The doors on the showers areas are corian or a corian like material. There is even a shelf built in to he shower to hold your supplies. Just remember to bring flip flops or crocs, it is much easier than trying to manage socks/sneakers/etc.

Great, thank you for the replies!! The pictures were great and thank you for the suggestion of shower shoes! As far as the preferred site, thats all that was left! It was only $50 and for one night it will work. Again it is just two of us and no kids. We are going up on Friday but FW was sold out, so with a little help from Priceline we ae staying at the Doubletree Universal entrance. We have stayed there before and its great (and it was only $75! including tax). But we ae more excited for FW and ou adventure! It is going to be a ton of fun and it is comforting to know the showers and bathrooms are great!!! Thank you everyone!!:cool1:

My boyfriend and I tent camped at FW last August. The bathrooms were cleaner then some of the bathrooms at the resorts we stopped at. We had such a great time, and it made Disney even more magical. Showers were clean, stalls were nice, and it was even AC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter