Restrictions on "cabana" Beachcomber Shacks at Typhoon Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update on prices: I just called Disney and inquired about the price to rent either a beachcomber shack or a polar patio for the end of August. I was quoted the price of $319!! :scared1: Yikes!
Yes, the price has gone up by $50 this year, and prices are seasonal, but summer prices have been extended into November.

Off-season price will be $200 or $175 plus tax, depending upon the date.

When you called 407-WDW-PLAY you got a call center. Depending on the adult/child mix you can get extra people at the water park. Otherwise why would they quote a price of $25 per additional person?

Any infor on this? I am very interested in chair/umbrella rental? More information would be great.

how much does it cost to rent at the end of March? Does anyone know?

Just booked the chairs for our upcomming vacation in May, The rental is for 2 chairs and umbrella, table and towel rental for the day - Cost is only $40 ($53.65 total) Well worth it:)
:goodvibes

Just booked the chairs for our upcomming vacation in May, The rental is for 2 chairs and umbrella, table and towel rental for the day - Cost is only $40 ($53.65 total) Well worth it:)
:goodvibes

Does anyone know how these are marked? I know the cabanas have a reserved sign but not sure what differentiates these chairs and umbrellas from the first come, first served umbrellas :confused3

Just wanted to make sure that we could leave and come back. I'm mostly interested in having it available for my mom; I think she'll spend a portion of the day napping! :rotfl:

The reserved chair areas are blocked off. Each person in the group will have a wristband.

The real value came in the afternoon when it rained. We were snug and dry in our cabana while we watched everyone else run for cover - and all the $2 towels were soaked!

:confused3

If you liked it for the convenience, water, etc... that's one thing.

But $250 vs another $12 for dry towels = "real value" ? Diff'rent strokes, I guess.

Do they make you evacuate the cabanas during lightning?

Cabana pics- has anyone been recently to TL or BB and have pics of the cabanas? Does BB have cabanas or just the Polar Patios?

thanks!

For anyone concerned about things being moved off your chair. I was just at TL two weeks ago and I took my bike lock (the kind with the long coated cable and combination lock) and threaded it through the handles of my beach bag...and then the chair...and then a big rope next to the chair that sectioned off the general area.

:thumbsup2

I didn't take anything valuable in with me though. It was just towels and books, etc. in the bag. The valuable stuff was in a waterproof case with me on the slides.

Hi everyone! We are heading down in July and I am interested in renting 2 cabanas at either waterpark. We would like them to be right next to eachother, is that possible or are they totally private from one another?

We also might have my parents joining us and that would exceed the number of people allowed. After reading through this thread, it looks like I could add them for and extra fee when we get to the park? Has anyone actually done this? They could do without going, but if they had some nice comfy chairs and some shade I think they would love it!

In October 2010, we had a cabana in Typhoon Lagoon, on the right side of the wave pool, just behind the most forward life guard station.

Next to ours was another cabana and both together shared a common sand area out in the sun.

Is there any place where I can find the locations of the beachcomber shacks? I have 2 little ones who will probably mostly be playing in Ketchakiddie creek. Can't decide if I should rent it or not because I have no idea if it will be anywhere near where we will want to be playing. Anyone rent these with kids? Is it close to Ketchakiddie? I would love to sit back and watch them play without having to get there early to stake a chair. THanks

What number do i call to rent / reserve a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon?
Hoping I can still get one for our short trip at the end of July.

The number to call for reservations is 407-WDW-PLAY.

At TL the shacks are in two areas; one is close to Ketchakiddee Creek. You can ask for that area when you make the reservation.

And the people at WDTC/CRO are only allowed to make a reservation for no more than six people per cabana. However, when you get to the Park you can add more at about $25 per person. This will include wristband, towels, mug and water but there is a limit to the number of people that can be added. I think the maximum is four, but if all the users will be real adults it may be fewer.

Does anyone have the listing of Seasons for these rentals. Trying to decide on one and trying to figure the price for the time we are there.

Does anyone have the listing of Seasons for these rentals. Trying to decide on one and trying to figure the price for the time we are there.

I just called for end of Aug. She said the summer season price goes until Oct. And it was $319 plus tax for one day rental. You have to rent the whole day. I have never been to any of the water parks so I am having a hard time deciding if this is something we should do or not. :confused3

We are visiting a waterpark for our first time in August. There are 3 of us...one adult and my 2 kids DD17 and DS7...at this time of year, and in the heat, what would you suggest??? Cabana or renting 2 chairs with umbrella?? I am up for either, really the cabanas appeal to me a lot!!!! Do they have them at BB also?? which WP would you recommend?? We plan to stay the whole day.

We are visiting a waterpark for our first time in August. There are 3 of us...one adult and my 2 kids DD17 and DS7...at this time of year, and in the heat, what would you suggest??? Cabana or renting 2 chairs with umbrella?? I am up for either, really the cabanas appeal to me a lot!!!! Do they have them at BB also?? which WP would you recommend?? We plan to stay the whole day.

When you rent the chairs, you get the following:

2 lounge chairs
2 beach chairs (half the size of the lounge chairs)
a small table
a beach umbrella in a reserved section
4 towel rentals

If it is just you and your two kids, I would go this route. Sure..it's no cabana, but it's nice enough. :goodvibes We tried it with 3 adults and 1 kid and loved it. This was at TL in March. I think it was around $50 at that time.

When you rent the chairs, you get the following:

2 lounge chairs
2 beach chairs (half the size of the lounge chairs)
a small table
a beach umbrella in a reserved section
4 towel rentals

If it is just you and your two kids, I would go this route. Sure..it's no cabana, but it's nice enough. :goodvibes We tried it with 3 adults and 1 kid and loved it. This was at TL in March. I think it was around $50 at that time.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for the info! That sounds perfect...since we are a smaller group this time. DH can't get away from work, since we were just there for SWW. I am going to call today and book it. Thanks again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter