Restricted Rehire Question

SnowQueenElsa

Earning My Ears
Hello Fellow Disney Hopefuls!

I have a question. I completed my Fall Advantage 2014 program successfully and transferred to California for a Professional Internship in Spring 2015. I had to leave my internship early because of health issues that occurred because of a car accident I was in on my way to work. I know that if you leave your college program early you will be placed on restricted rehire. Does anyone know if the same holds true for leaving a professional internship early? All of the examples of people on restricted rehire are people who left the college program early. I'm not sure if it depends on what your manager/boss decides or if it's automatic. Any insights are much appreciated!

If you leave any facet of the disney corporation you will be placed on restricted rehire automatically.

I think if you are restricted in any way from your employment due to injuries, there are ADA considerations. As long as it was documented that your performance was meeting standards before you were physically incapable of working, and you have the appropriate return-to-work forms from your physician, the accident should not interfere with your employment. You would have been considered disabled.

I was given a restricted rehire status after leaving a seasonal Disney Store job due to an outside-of-work knee injury. I was told that it's automatic if you leave any part of the company for pretty much any reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!