Restricted rehire question

carly3592

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I won't go into too much detail, but in a nutshell I went down for Fall Advantage 2012 and had to self-term early for personal reasons. When I left, the Programs Office told me I would be on restricted rehire and would have to wait 6 months before I could apply to the Company again. I really want to apply for Spring 2013, but I'm still in my 6 month window. Is there any way I could lift my rehire, or would I have to definitely wait out the 6 months? Like is there paperwork they would send me or something like that? As far as I know, I left in good standing with the Company. I plan on calling Disney tomorrow to get some information, but if anyone here as any personal experience with this, I would love to hear from you. I really want to return to Disney and I don't want my rehire status to hinder me!

Probably not, but you would need to reach out to wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com for certain.

Here is why I think not.

The company policy is 6 months. Why would they make an exception? If someone leaves due to an issue beyond their control (like death of immediate family member), it is unlikely they would be issued a "restricted rehire". They would be given a "yes rehire". So whatever the reason was that led you to leaving, they gave you a restricted rehire and seemed to make a point to let you know that you would need to wait 6 months.

To get a rehire lifted, you have to actually complete the phone interview stage and the person doing the interview needs to decide to give you another shot.

I've been restricted rehire and I've gotten my status lifted twice...

1) You have to wait the full six months before reapplying. It's not that you'll be be restricted for six months. You'll be restricted until the status is lifted, but it's standard policy to wait 6 months to reapply.

2) If you leave the program early for any reason, you are put on restricted rehire. I have a friend whose grandmother died and he left early, and was still put on restricted rehire. We both applied for another CP for fall 2012, 2 years after we left, and were both told we were restricted. Him for leaving early and me for too many "late" notations. He didn't get his status lifted, but I did (but was ultimately denied. I applied for a part time position 6 months later and had to petition to have my status lifted again. It was and I got the job).

Once the 6 months is up, you can reapply. You'll have to fill out paperwork, and explain your reason for leaving and why you should be considered for reemployment. This is then sent to a rehire committee and they look at your record card, and sometimes talk to old leaders to determine if your status should be lifted or not.

Thanks for your input!! I decided to apply anyway just to see what would happen, and I have a phone interview scheduled for next week. I was surprised that I've made it this far already. Even if I get rejected because of my status, at least I'll have more practice with the phone interview :goodvibes

Hi, Carly!

Just wondering what happened next? I have submitted my paperwork to have my restriction removed and I'm just wondering how long it will take to find out.

Have you had your status removed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter