Restaurants with infants...Can you store taller things at baby care or somewhere else?

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with two 3-month-old infants next month. They can't sit yet obviously. I am trying to figure out what to do in restaurants. Since we will have two strollers, I doubt they will let both in (but maybe they will and I am overthinking?). And although we will have their car seats that can snap into their strollers, they seem to get hot in them and we will be traveling in June. I would prefer to just let them free in the strollers. And I have no idea how we would deal with two strollers and two car seats on the busses (no car) as well. It will only be my husband and I and our twins. I figured we would each baby wear one, wear a backpack with all their stuff and deal with a stroller each (we are bringing two travel friendly singles- baby jogger zip if you are interested). Anyway, we have these "baby camp chairs" that are technically high chairs and with some minor bolstering, my twins can comfortably sit in them because they have a high back. A) since they look like camp chairs, will staff give us a hard time? And B) even if we get in with them, we only want to use them for dinner, but they are 36 inches when folded down so they won't fit in the regular lockers. Will baby care hold them because they are a baby item (I am guessing no)?
We will be at boardwalk, so we can go back to the room to grab the camp chairs or car seats before meals at EP and DHS and drop them back to the room pretty easy. Its really only MK that is an issue since it would take forever and a day to go back to the room to grab them and then bring them back. The twins are still young enough to sleep in the strollers so we plan on staying out after dinner. If we plan a meal at a resort, can we leave them with bell services in the morning even though we are not at that resort? And after dinner, can that resort ship them back to our resort as though we are doing a split stay?

I feel like I have a handle on everything but how to deal with dinners. How would you deal with TS meals and twin infants?

My little man enjoying his camp chair
IMG_5221_zpskqvlyisc.jpg

oh and http://www.amazon.com/ciao-baby-Portable-Highchair-Sage/dp/B00A47J6YU is the chair if you want to see the whole thing.

I don't think bell services would hold/ship the chairs for you. Honestly, I wouldn't bring the chairs. It's not exactly a quick hop to Boardwalk from Epcot or DHS. If you had dinner in Italy, for example, and your DH were to walk back to Boardwalk to get the chairs, it would probably take him about 30 minutes round trip at least.

If it was me, I would plan on wearing or holding the babies at dinner. You could also use the carseat. The restaurants will be cooler than outside, so maybe they wouldn't be quite as hot.

Enjoy your trip with your cuties! (I'm assuming the other twin is as cute as the one in the picture:)

To be honest I don't think I'd be planning too many table service meals in your situation. I also wouldn't bring the camp chairs to the park, I see their convenience at home, but they will be a hassle. If you really have your heart set on a TS, I would plan on wearing them and hope they fall asleep. If you get lucky you can walk up to some of the less popular restaurants at off dining times and they might let you bring the stroller inside. We did this at Rose and Crown when DS fell asleep in the stroller, we had no reservation, but they were so nice- he slept through the whole thing and our food was great! Good luck and enjoy your twins :)

Ditch the chairs, hold the kids (either on your lap or in a carrier). Don't use the car seats too hot and kids aren't suppose to be in them for hours unless travelling in a car. Some table service restaurants have infant high chairs for babies that can't sit yet. Ask about them. Bringing strollers in is a game time decision by the restaurant depending on how busy they are.

I doubt bell services will handle those for you. Don't bother with the chairs. It's too much hassle. Take the suggestions of others or plan less table service meals.

I understand your questions - I remember being a first time mom and figuring out these details was important to my sanity! I imagine even more so with twins! I'd recommend searching for threads about traveling with twins - I know I've seen some here and I bet they would be really helpful to see how others handled similar situations.

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with the chairs. I would just plan on holding/wearing the babies during meals. Personally, I wouldn't plan a lot of ADRs because it seems like this could be stressful for you (I know it would be for me!!) and it would be easier to just grab QS meals. If I was going to do TS, I definitely wouldn't do any buffets.

Have fun!!

Ditch the chairs and carseats. Baby sits freely in stroller or is carried. In restaurants, baby is held. If you are lucky enough to get a booth, my kids, at that age, would easily fall asleep on the booth next to me. Made for a nice, relaxing dinner!

Honestly, though...June + newborn twins + first trip with kids so new at it...I would do MAYBE one TS. It's a giant pita until they can sit nicely in highchairs

I wouldn't bring the chairs. It will be too much of a hassle to carry them around and get them on and off the bus along with the strollers and the babies. The babycare centers will probably not hold them. We took my 2 mo. old daughter on vacation (not Disney) last summer. We went to dinner almost every night. We just held her or let her stay in the carrier. Granted, we had DH, me, and the grandparents that could take turns with her so that made things a bit easier.

I agree with all the previous posters - don't bother with the chairs. It will be too much hassle for you. WDW is truly very kid friendly and understanding. I held sleeping babies through TS meals many times and there were no issues whatsoever. In fact, when we were at Brown Derby they saw we had a sleeping child and they seated us off in a special, more private room so our little one wouldn't get woken up! Gotta love that Disney magic. Don't worry - it will all be fine!!

Another vote for no chairs. They are going to be a pain in the rear to deal with, both for traveling and in the restaurants. Either wear the babies or hold them at TS restaurants. And smart move not keeping them in the car seat. They would get dangerously hot in this things in June.

I doubt they would even let you bring the chairs into the parks, but anyway- other than the plane ride you probably don't want to rely on the carseats much either. You can't use them on the bus, and like you said they will be so hot in them all day. You might get lucky with 2 small strollers in a restaurant but most wont be able to handle 2 jogging strollers at 1 table. Good Luck!

I doubt they would even let you bring the chairs into the parks, but anyway- other than the plane ride you probably don't want to rely on the carseats much either. You can't use them on the bus, and like you said they will be so hot in them all day. You might get lucky with 2 small strollers in a restaurant but most wont be able to handle 2 jogging strollers at 1 table. Good Luck!

That's a good point. Chairs of any kind are expressly forbidden from the parks.

I am not concerned about the restaurants themselves. We take the twins into restaurants a few times a week, so they "understand" how it works, they just always sit in their carseats. (we are the type that have the babies adjust to our life, so they do well in restaurants and travel like champs already!) I bought these bolster things for the wooden high chairs on friday so we are going to start "practicing" with them over the next three weeks. Hopefully we will get to the babies being able to sit for a whole meal until they fall asleep. It is much easier to eat with a sleeping baby on your lap than one trying to steal your food. We'll see how this works out. :rolleyes1

Agree with everyone else ditch the chairs, definitely no car seats and get a good carrier (one for both of you). We also started traveling with our kids early (3 months at WDW, 7 months to Hawaii) but sometimes you'll have to adapt. We just didn't do as many TS meals during the baby toddler years. Not because the kids were poorly behaved but racing through a $200 meal with a cranky toddler isn't worth it for me.

We took our son at age 4 months. We used our bigger stroller (no car seat). We had multiple TS meals and it was a great cool break from the day. Some places let us bring the stroller in and others, we just held him. We also chose to baby wear for naps close to dining reservations so we didn't have to jostle him. It was a great trip and much different than a kid free one! We are headed back in September....I think taking the toddler will be a whole different ball of wax!

I am not concerned about the restaurants themselves. We take the twins into restaurants a few times a week, so they "understand" how it works, they just always sit in their carseats. (we are the type that have the babies adjust to our life, so they do well in restaurants and travel like champs already!) I bought these bolster things for the wooden high chairs on friday so we are going to start "practicing" with them over the next three weeks. Hopefully we will get to the babies being able to sit for a whole meal until they fall asleep. It is much easier to eat with a sleeping baby on your lap than one trying to steal your food. We'll see how this works out. :rolleyes1

I just want you to be aware that anything you leave on your stroller may not be there when you return to it. So if you are leaving your bolsters on a stroller when you go on rides or into attractions, they may vanish. Anything left on your stroller may vanish, sometimes even strollers are stolen. So don't bring too much into the parks, and don't leave anything on your stroller that you would be devastated to lose.

My sons first trip was at 4 months. He couldn't sit up yet. We brought only his large stroller that allowed him to lay down fully to nap. No car seat (too hot and too much trouble to bring it with us). We did several sit down meals and they all provided infant high chairs or allowed us to bring in the stroller. While it's not guaranteed its likely you'll have a similar experience. You don't always get to choose, but most of the time one of those should be an option. Don't drag tons of extra stuff with you - with 2 infants you'll have plenty of stuff you need to bring already!

I just want you to be aware that anything you leave on your stroller may not be there when you return to it. So if you are leaving your bolsters on a stroller when you go on rides or into attractions, they may vanish. Anything left on your stroller may vanish, sometimes even strollers are stolen. So don't bring too much into the parks, and don't leave anything on your stroller that you would be devastated to lose.

I have traveled to Disney for the last 6 years with infants and strollers. I have never lost anything off my stroller or my stroller. Just don't leave anything out that could entice someone to take it.
I would agree with everyone else regarding the chairs. don't take them.
Few restaurants have the infant seats, never hurts to ask.
We mostly wore the baby whenever we went to TS and we always did one a day. And if the baby was asleep in the stoller/car seat (ours was 4 weeks old this last trip) then they would let us take the stroller in.

Good luck and enjoy the trip with you twins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter