• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants with amazing interiors

married2mm

DIS Veteran
food doesn't need to be amazing-but tasty would be good

Could be for a meal or even just drinks/dessert..:cake:

Where are you wowed?

I love the look of Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Very elegant and well themed in my opinion.

BOG is just gorgeous. We ate smack in the middle of the main ballroom this trip and were wowed at how pretty it was. Windows looked like it was snowing outside. We have also eaten in the dark Beast's room. I think it could have been a bit lighter, but had awesome special effects, with the Beast painting and the rose. And the food was great; it was my best meal of the trip.

I had avoided Coral Reef for years because the reviews for the food are not great but I went with my DS10 because I knew he would love the tank. We ended up getting a seat right next to the tank and the view was amazing. The food was fine. I definitely would not go back for the food, although my son loved his meal, but I would definitely go back for the view of the tank.

The places that I've gone to that have fun interior decor included:
  • Be Our Guest - I'd for lunch because I like the menu better at lunch and you can pick your own table - I'd vote for the West Wing.
  • Jungle Skippers Canteen - Lots of a little hidden touches here and there that remind guests of the Jungle Cruise
  • Coral Reef - You can watch sea-life in the aquariums from the Seas pavilion while you dine
  • Sci Fi - The tables look like old fashioned cars at a drive-in movie-theater and you get to watch old movie clips and cartoons while you eat
  • Tiffins - The artwork in each of the rooms is pretty amazing
  • Raglan Road - This one isn't for the interiors so much, but there is Irish Dancing and a live band in the evenings, which gives the place a great atmosphere

Be Our Guest wins that one for sure!! It's literally like stepping into the movie, and it takes my breath away every time!
-CRT is a good one, I mean, you're inside the castle, and that's pretty cool
-Via Napoli has a pretty impressive interior

Nomad Lounge at Tiffins for sure. Lounge Area at Cali Grill is amazing as well. Sanaa At Animal Kingdom. San Angel Inn cool. Sci Fi. 50s Prime Time.

PARKS:
BOG, especially Ballroom and West Wing
Sci Fi Dine In, some of their best imagineering
50's Prime, blast to the past cool design
Nomad, agree it is a refreshing well designed space (get the bread service)
Skippers Canteen, if you get one of the smaller rooms, large one feels like food court
Biergarten, love the feel of a German village and with the show, quite the immersion
San Angel, beautiful view and atmosphere
CRT, everything you would expect a castle dining hall should be

50's Prime Time is fantastic. I felt like I was at my grandmother's house while waiting for a table, and the dining area feels like a combination of my grandmother's kitchen and an old diner.
CRT was exactly how a castle should feel.

I didn't care for BOG. We only had breakfast and lunch there, so maybe it's cozier during dinner, but the ballroom felt to us like a giant food hall, cold and echo-y, compounded by the chaos of people traipsing through to get drinks, look for tables, or just look around. Eating in the rose room wasn't much better for chaos, and the people walking around constantly didn't help either.

Just now finished lunch at San Angel Inn. Amazing interior! There's a volcano constantly erupting while you eat!

food doesn't need to be amazing-but tasty would be good

Could be for a meal or even just drinks/dessert..:cake:

Where are you wowed?
Magic Kingdom:
-- Be Our Guest. We prefer dinner - only time you can meet The Beast. And we prefer to dine in the West Wing.
-- Cinderella's Table.

Epcot:
-- Coral Reef.
-- San Angel - a view from under the stars (even on a sunny day).

Hollywood Studios:
-- Sci-Fi Dine -In. We have a drive-in movie theater in our town. We also have a nearby drive-up restaurant. Sci-Fi is still special.
-- 50's Prime Time - if you grew up with I Love Lucy, etc., then the black & white TV with formica tabletop may be for you. Maybe not for young children - they won't understand.

Animal Kingdom:
-- Tiffins. Both decor and food are different.

Animal Kingdom Lodge:
-- Sannaa - yes, the animals are real and alive. They are also only visible during daylight, so I suggest lunch.

Contemporary:
-- CA Grill - unsurpassed view of Magic Kingdom.

Grand Floridian:
-- Mizner's Lounge - live jazz and cocktails.

And since you said drinks, I have found that some of best places are lounges where you can get drinks/apps/deserts. And to boot, some of them are actually outdoors and masquerading as Pool bars. Love sitting at Trout Pass bar at the Wilderness although I admit it was before all the current construction. I loved hearing the geyser go off, hearing the boats come and go and of course watching and hearing the pool festivities. Sat there for about four afternoons one trip and didn't regret a second of it. The Uzima Springs Watering hole at Jambo house at AK also has great surroundings. Walk a few steps from there and watch the animals or sit close to the bar and enjoy the sounds of the pool. Gurgling suitcase at OKW is another.

And the "interior decorating" at these pool bars changes when the sun goes down and torches are lit. Great areas. Don't sleep on the pool bars! pirate:

Yak and Yeti, Tiffins, Coral Reef, Cali Grill, Sanaa, BoG, Biergarten, San Angel, T-Rex, Morimoto, Raglan Road. I'm sure I could think of a few more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter