• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants that are must do's

harmonize4me

Earning My Ears
Hi! My husband and I are heading to Universal and staying at Portofino in May. This is our first time. I'd love to hear which restaurants are must do's. I read through the dining posts and already know Mythos should be on my list but what else? I'm looking for a mixture of romantic, interesting, fun, and of course good food! Thanks!

see my rather extensive dining reviews from my most recent trip.

Definitely do Mythos and emeril's Tschoup Choup!!

NBA City, Margaritaville, Hard Rock Cafe. Those are my top 3 CW restaurants.

Also try the Burger Digs in JP for excellent burgers.

At Portofino Bay a must is Mama Della's. Its very fresh Italian, great service and quite tasty. Can be romantic as well, get seating near the fireplace for 2.

Tchoup Chop at RPR is also a must, the food is inventive and delicious the atmosphere is stunning and the service outstanding.

CityWalk, I agree with DM, we always hit Margaritaville and NBA City and if time permits we go to Latin Quarter as well.

Mythos in IOA is fun and good! Terrific desserts! Lunch is the meal we have here.

harmonize4me,
This is pretty funny. I just reponded to your post on Fodors! I also vote for Mythos and Tchoup Chop. Make your reservations NOW for Tchoup Chop. You can make a reservation on line at Opentable.com We also really enjoy the Latin Quarter.
Right in Universal Studios, we really like Lombard's Landing.

You guys are the best. Thank you! I can't wait to try these places out! That IS pretty funny about the Fodors post. I'll have to check that next.

Hey...

If you are staying at the Portofino - I think they just opened a Bice in there. Might be a little pricey - but they are a world class Italian restuarant. (I used to work for them in Sedona, Arizona in their Cafe part of the chain). VERY good food.

Holly

Another vote for Mythos and Tchoup Chop.

I also find Trattoria del Porto at PFB a cut above the norm for hotel restaurants.

Anyone tried Bice yet?

Mythos - Best theme park restaurant

Mama Della's - Great food, Great Atmosphere, if you want the violinist to play you a tune, brush up on our Italian songs before you go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter