Restaurants outside of the World

Elissajoy

Mouseketeer
MY DH is joing us for our yearly WDW trip. When I take my 3 children, DD19, DD15, DS9 we always get the DDP. Last year, we got a pin code for free QS dining plan and upped that to the DDP. Well, DH does not want the dining plan. We are staying at the Dolphin, first time, in July. We have ressies for Todd English's (DH and I have a rare date night) and Garden Grove.

My Q is, what are some highly reccommended family-friendly restaurants outside of Disney, excluding DTD, around Orlando (DH doesn't mind driving)and a few miles outside the WDW area ?? :confused3

Thanks !!!;)

Make sure to get your certificate for Garden Grove on restaurant.com. Buy it when they have an 80% off sale. This will save you tons of money.

Giordanao's has great pizza and pasta. There are two locations close to WDW, one on 192 and the other on the 535. Both have GCs available on restaurant.com.

ElissaJoy,

If your family likes fresh seafood, consider the Celebration Town Tavern.
I forgot the website so you will have to google it to see the menu.

Have a great trip.:cool1:

Orlando Ale House is AWESOME! And right near Disney! I got that recommendation from this board when we went last May.

One of the best resturants ever! Tapas resturant so everybody picks things they like and share. The atmosphere is awesome, belly dancer (tastefully dressed), artists and art are in every nook. The food is great. I send everyone there and I've yet to have anyone tell me it wasn't amazing. DH and I go at least twice every time we're in Orlando. It's on Sand Lake and International so it's easy to find.

Orlando Ale House is AWESOME! And right near Disney! I got that recommendation from this board when we went last May.

I think we're going to try this place when we go to Mardi Gras at USF. I've heard great things about it.

Btw, my answer was going to be Celebration Town Vavern.

Happy eating, OP.

:)

Just wondering if there are any other must do off site dining places (we are a group of 7 not that it matters)

DH and I live in the UK, so some of our recommendations may be old news to you if you can already access them where you live. That said, we love Bahama Breeze, Cheesecake Factory (at Mall at Millennia - you can always nip to IKEA for meatballs too if you need a QS!!), Sweet Tomatoes at Crossroads and we love Ruby Tuesday too!! Nothing really fancy I know, but we love them all.

Just wondering if there are any other must do off site dining places (we are a group of 7 not that it matters)

I don't know your price range, but here are some for your consideration: http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/restaurant-listings?catid=56

The list was compiled by Scott Joseph, Restaurant Critic for the Orlando Sentinel for approximately 20 years. Look at the ones he personally reviewed...and if he says it is good, it is good. For the most part, these all all "adult" restaurants. So, dress appropriately. Some, like Seasons 52, may need reservations.

Another good one that I have heard about, but not yet visited, is Red Bamboo.

Address: 6803 S. Kirkman Road
City: Orlando
Phone: 407-226-8997

Search Scott Joseph's web site for detailed information.

This will be a little bit of a drive maybe like 25 mins or so but someone on here recommended Manny's Chop House in Haines city and we went last week. Probably one of our best meals. They do call ahead seating. I would call about 90 mins before you want to eat. Great steaks and the rolls and cinnamon butter were to die for. Also happy hour 2 for 1 margaritas and beer from 4-7p. Margaritas were awesome. So a little out of the way but so worth it!
http://mannyschophouse.com/

I have heard that Yellow Dog Cafe is AMAZING! We plan on going there and also Bubba's Bodacious BBQ on our trip in June! :cool1:

Previous posters are right...Manny's in Haines City and Yellow Dog Eats in Gotha are true regional delights for those in the know. check out tripadvisor for the skinny on YDE, thank us later.

Call ahead for Manny's....way ahead!!! They roll out the red carpet for birthdays, so if someone's celebrating, let them know.

My husband and I love Carraba's (we prefer the one in Kissimmee in the Formosa Gardens area). But, like others have said, if you have access to this restaurant where you live it won't be a big deal to you. They don't have them yet in Ontario that I know of but we have thought about going to the one in Buffalo just for dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter