Restaurants outside of and close to Disney

tami82

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if there are any good,restaurants outside of Disney Polynesian which are close. We won't be on the dining plan our next trip and to get the most bang for our buck would like to eat outside of the world once or twice instead of paying Disneys high price for a table service. It's going to cost 100+ to eat and don't want to pay that every time we want a decent meal. My husband doesn't mind taking a drive outside of the resort to eat a few times for dinner. It's been a few years since we have been in the area and I don't recall what is nearby.

There are several places at Crossroads. We like Fudruckers and lots of disers like Sweet Tomatoes. A little farther down we like Giordanos Pizza and Steak and Shake.

Bahama Breeze was really good. They even have an outside patio with a Jamaican type band when I was there. Very reasonably priced and fresh food.

The Dr. Phillips area has a lot of great restaurants. Some of our favourites in the area include:

Bee Won Korean Cuisine
Big Fin
Rocco's Tacos
Christini's
Slate
Fleming's

The Ale House is a chain restaurant, though has several locations near the resort area. They have a large menu and it is reasonably priced as well. There is one near Disney property and a few on International Drive.

Thanks for the suggestions, we loved Sweet Tomatoes last time we were in the area. Bahamas Breeze is excellent also

Lots of restaurants in the Crossroads area. You can also find a lot on Vineland Road (right out of the DTD entrance onto Apopka Vineland and a left after you go under I4). They are close to the outlet mall. You will find Paneras, Carabbas, Outback. Longhorn, Starbucks etc.

A little out of the way but great for BBQ is 4 Rivers. There are several locations and there is a sister restaurant The Coop which is fantastic for chicken. 4R has a fantastic bakery too.

Straight down World Drive is Celebration...lots of great place to eat! Columbia is our favorite!

We enjoy Uno's Pizzeria on I-92 east of the I-4. You can usually find coupons for BOGO or 15% off. A lot of places have websites for members and you can get free apps. Helps to cut costs. We stopped eating at Disney a few years ago...like you, found it getting expensive for the family. Market Street Cafe is another hidden gem in Celebration. Good home style meals. Chevy's at Crossroads, O'Charley's, are a few other decent places.

I was wondering if there are any good,restaurants outside of Disney Polynesian which are close. We won't be on the dining plan our next trip and to get the most bang for our buck would like to eat outside of the world once or twice instead of paying Disneys high price for a table service. It's going to cost 100+ to eat and don't want to pay that every time we want a decent meal. My husband doesn't mind taking a drive outside of the resort to eat a few times for dinner. It's been a few years since we have been in the area and I don't recall what is nearby.

Millers Ale House is located near the corner of Winter Garden-Vineland Rd and has great food, huge portions and very reasonably priced. They also have the BEST Buffalo wings in Orlando.
There is an Olive Garden at the corner of Palm Prkwy and SR 535 (turn left leaving Downtown Disney area and Palm Parkway will be the first street on the right)
The plaza straight across from Downtown Disney has a Perkins, TGI Fridays, Sweet Tomatoes, Hooters, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Chevys, mostly fast food type places that have slightly higher prices simply because of the location.
Chili's and Joes Crab Shack are on SR 535. Turn left coming out of Downtown Disney, down about 3/4 mile on the left side. You will pass an IHOP, Dunkin Donuts, 7-11,
Sand Lake Rd has several options. Everything from Ruth Chris Steakhouse, The Melting Pot, and Flemings are all here. In the Plaza Venetia plaza there is a decent Chinese restaurant called Dragon China. There is. Also a Publix further down on the same side. Publix has great subs in the deli.
there are tons of options, just Google your favorites into your GPS and don't be afraid to wander!

I am cheap so love Perkins (one in Lake buena vista near crossroads and Kissimmee US 192)

golden coral - there are several ready close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter