Restaurants off disney property

Originally posted by Hermosa11
Boardwalk Tigger: Can you please explain what you said? I felt like I was reprimanded. You are the one that started this thread here on the Hotels/Attractions area.

I believe the OP started the thread on the Disney Restaurants board. It was (correctly) moved here because it's about non-Disney restaurants::yes::

DW and I were talking about restaurants on our next vist just yesterday. Bahama Breeze is a must for us. They opened one up near us and when we tried it we were terribly disappointed. Now we are wondering if we REALLY like the one in Orlando so much or if it was just the fact the we were in Orlando so that helps to make it good. Pizzeria Uno's is a must do for us.......a couple of times while we are there. Chevy's is great Tex Mex!

WendyWorld - I just PM'd you with the directions.

What about New Years ? Anyone have a good suggestion for dinner or activity off Disney property? Thanks. You people have given me so many good suggestions:teeth:

If you like Mexican food, may I suggest Don Pablo's on I-Drive. Its right next to an Official Welcome Center and IMO it has to be one of the best Mexican places in town. I know that many are partial to Chevy's but they are local in STL so its really no big deal in ORL. The prices are responsible and you get plenty.

It amazes me that no one ever suggests going to Sand Lake Road. We love Samba Room, Timpani and Seasons 52 (maybe that one was mentioned). YOU HAVE TO GO HERE! There are dozens of really nice upscale (Mortons, Ruth Criss) and moderate (Samba Room, Season's 52). It is newly built probably within the last few years. There is a great deli Too Jays also. They have a dessert sampler for 4.95. Sampler is really a misnomer. It is four huge pieces of any of their great cakes or cheese cakes and more than enough for 4 people! There are at least 20 restaurants in what the locals call "restaurant row"(I am not a local but was tipped of by one).

We have done the Bahama Breeze thing for years but it does get tired. WE have gone there pretty much since it opened. Waiting for a couple of hours makes it lose its charm and the last couple of times they screwed up my order (salad with no dressing is not hard) and I had to wait till the rest of my party was almost finished before they brought it back.

Sandlake crosses I drive but truly it is not anywhere near the honky tonk of that area. Couple of the restaurants are in Entertainement AND some of them give great deals with the Orlando Magic card which is free (5.00 off each entree at the Samba Room).

We like cafe tu tu tango. It is kinda of what Spoodes was to be, a Tapas place. check out there site www.cafetututango.com

Kae

Thanks for the link Kae! I was going to ask about this restaurant, there was a good write up about it in Frommers. I really want to try places we don't have at home.

I agree 100% with the comments from Bella above.

Turn left onto Sand Lake (if you are heading up I Drive towards Belz) and there are numerours very good restaurants/cafes etc on both sides of the road.

Also a little further on is Dr Phillips which has Christini's which is a very nice (but pricey) upscale italian restaurant.

:cool:

I am with Kae - Tu Tu Tango is one of our favorite restaurants anywhere! You will not be disappointed.

zalansky

Nice picture. You two look like a great couple:Pinkbounc

when I first saw your photo...........it looked like the kind of great photo they put in frames that are sold at Macy's or department stores. ha ha ha No , seriously! What a perfect looking couple!
Either one of you models? Dang.

Oh you guys make me blush! That was our engagement photo taken almost 4 years ago. I should post a more recent one...me all frazzled running after a 16 month old! :p

Bumping this up for fairytinkerbell. Any information on Landry's or a great place for fried shrimp or crab cakes would be appreciated:):):):):)

Kae or zalansky- What did you like at Café Tu Tu Tango?

zalansky- I agree, you 2 look so in love, that's what makes the picture beautiful! I bet your baby is gorgeous too!

On Sweet Tomatoes !!!!!!! It is AWESOME!!! We went there twice on one trip cause we love it SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUUUMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have awesome soups, pastas, breads, baked potatoes, and the salad bar is just AWESOME!!!::yes:: :hyper: ::yes::

Gotta tell you ate at Tu Tu Tango and hated it. Must be me. There was soooo much cigar smoke I thought I was going to be sick. Then we had Sabrina for a waitress. She was falsley perky as she asked with a slight lisp (which might have been cute if she was not so cutesy) "So how was you WEdnesday". The art was bad and I guess I am just a witch but I really hated it!! The one man band came around and kept shoving the microphone in our faces as we tried to eat. This was about 4 years ago and we still laugh at how much we hated it. To each his own.
Sweet Tomatoes too did not thrill me. It has got to be me but when we went in there was food all over the rug and that really kind of grossed me out. I am not a fan of big buffets anyway and then after 911, fanatic that I am I do not like having everyone and his brother have access to what I eat. Just the restaurant staff please. I know! I know ! It must be me but I really have learned to like a nice quiet tasteful place with table cloths and waiters in black and white. I guess it is a sign of getting old.

:rolleyes: Let me see. I like Perkins at crossroads. I like the Ale House and Hooters 1 light over from crossroads. Ale house to the left. Take a right and drive down about a block and half for Hooters. And of course we also like Sweet Tomatoes

July:)

Is there a better seafood restaurant than Landry's? I went there this past March and enjoyed it but am always open for a new restaurant?:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Hate to keep pushing Sandlake Road but there is what seems to be a nice sea food restaurant called Bonefish (NOT Fishbones did not like that one). We went in and looked at the menu but there were so many restaurants in that area it was hard to try them all. I know there is another across the street from Bonefish called MOONFISH. That one lookes pretty good too but it is fish etc with an Asian influence if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter