Restaurants near j w marriott grande lakes

AInWonderland

Mouseketeer
Could anyone please tell me what restaurants are within a 5 to 10 minute drive of J W Marriott Grande Lakes? I hear the food at the hotel is very expensive.

The Grande Lakes property is on South John Young Parkway near Central Florida Parkway. While much of the neighboring area is residential there is commercial property - and restaurants - not far away. I believe that there are strip shopping centers and free-standing places down South JYP (right from the hotel property onto JYP and down about a mile to two miles). I'm fairly certain that there's an Applebees down there and others including McDonalds, probably other chains and local type places.
Going in the opposite direction onto Central Florida Parkway (left onto JYP from the hotel, then left onto CFP) will also lead you to a lot of restaurants in more traditionally tourist areas. Taking CFP that way takes you to International Drive across the street from the SeaWorld property and there are many, many restaurant choices to the right, up I-Drive or down the other way generally toward Downtown Disney - though most of those restaurants may be a bit further than your designated five to ten minutes from the hotel.

Dick Taylor

I would like some recommendations as well - we are staying there next weekend.

Head toward Palm Parkway on Central Parkway. At Central and Palm take a RIGHT. Palm Parkway becomes Turkey Lake Road. At the intersection of Turkey Lake and Sand Lake take a LEFT and you'll be heading toward a wealth of shops, and restaurants in the Dr. Phillips Area.

If you turn right on John Young Parkway from Grand Lakes, and drive about a mile or two, there is the Applebees, an Orlando Ale House (which we love going to), a Tijuana Flats (really good Mexican Food).

If you keep driving on John Young about another two miles, you get to The Loop, and there are lots of restaurants there: Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Panera Bread, Wendy's. In the Loop West there is a BJ's Brewhouse (they make their own beer), Abuelo's (excellent Mexican), Pei Wei (Chinese owned by PF Changs). Across the street from the Loop is an Olive Garden and a Perkins.

If you turn left on Osceola Parkway from John Young, there is a Mimi's Cafe, Logan's Roadhouse (which has really cheap specials and good steaks!), and a Five Guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter