• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants in Port Canaveral

mlshields

DVC MEMBER
Hi All -

I am sorry for the question. I know it has been on the boards before, but I don't have time to look through months of posts.:p

We will be arriving the night before our cruise and we are looking for suggestions for dinner.

Thanks for all of your help.

Lauren

go to Dave's website www.dcltribute.com and click on the space coast link which i believe is hooked up to Dave's list of external links. There is a bunch of info there on different hotels, car rental returns and places to eat. He has lots of the menus scanned and they are also on a map. really good info...

I have exactly two suggestions for you: Grill's CLick HERE! Which is in Port Canaveral on the channel in view of the ships, fun place to eat! Second is a little place on A1A called Sonny's Barbeque(it's not on Dave's map) It's in the stripmall just north of the Publix on the west side of the street, I believe. My parents who go to Cocoa Beach go there every time, and we did this last time, excellent barbeque.

There is a great italian place right oufromt of the radisson. The kids had pizza and I had a calzone and my dh had lasagna. It was very good and reasonable.

Hey there,
First of all Dave does have all the goodies on his web site - some of the places I enjoy is Zackery and Daniel's cafe which is North of Radisson and Daniels is East of the Radisson - at the port you have Rusty's which is mostly seafood, then you have Frankie's Wings which is chicken etc and really entertaining - and then of course Grills which is right on the water as well as Rusty's -
Hope you have a wonderful trip down and a safe one as well.
Enjoy your cruise.
Always
Shirley

It was pouring down very thick sheets of rain & we could hardly see where we were going, so we opted for a little Italian place right there across the street. NOT just your typical pizza parlor, it was wonderful, with wonderful service also. A great way to get ready for the cruise.

Next time, if we can see further, we will venture out further (?) but that place was fun. Thanks for the name! We did make it up the street to Ron Jon's (sp?) & that was an experience also!!!

:) :) :)

Grills Restaurant and Tiki Bar was very good. We met relatives there for breakfast after disembarkation--I love the table full of shells at the front counter!

Don't forget the Moon Hut (just up the street from the Radisson). If you want a great breakfast in local restaurant (not a chain), this is the place. LOTS of NASA memorabilia everywheres in the small place. Nice way to start the cruise.

We ate at the tea room, at Shirley's recomendation, and they had an excellent breakfast :)

OOPS - I did forget the Moon Hut which is owned by friends of mine - Nick an Poppie ----the Moon Hut is the oldest restaurant in Cape Canaveral - at one time this is where you could find the astronaults having breakfast and willing to sign autographs - they do stop in every so often and the food is not bad ---I also forgot the Tea Room - Joy and George own it and are super duper cooks --they are well up in age and still believe in working -
Anyhow sorry i forgot these 2 nice places.
Take care
Always
Shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter