• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants in Mystic CT

Bella the Ball 360

Keyboarding is not my thing excuse typos.<br><font
Since we had to cancel our trip to WDW we are going to Mystic CT for a few days. Can anyone suggest some good restaurants?

I am looking at Ford 's (always go to Abotts)
Red 36
Latitude 42

Have been it S and P Oyster it is okay but I want to try some new ones.

Also since Mystic Seaport will be limited as far as what we can experience does anyone have any suggestions?

I plan to go to Sift and get lunch to take to Gilette Castle but other than that I was hoping there were some things that we had not done.

Have you gone to Olde Mistick Village? There is a cute place that is Alice in Wonderland themed called Alice in the Village. You can get some good desserts there for a reasonable price.
The Bleu Squid has yummy grilled cheese. Nothing fancy, but it hits the spot!

Kitchen Little makes kick butt Rhode Island clam broth and not in the least shabby omelettes.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I have done Mystic Pizza, also Mangos and Pizzetta.
Has anyone done the clamshack along the river, I cannot think of the name but you can see Mystic Seaport from the picnic tables?

I am going to check out Kitchen Little and Blu Squid as well as Alice in the Village(my son also recommended).
I go to Mystic a couple of times a year but there are so many restaurants that I am always up for something new.

ETA: Just checked out Kitchen Little, it's a definite; it will be a nice change from Mystic Diner (which I hate) for breakfast.

Last edited:
The Seahorse in Noank is a favorite of my BIL. Yankee Fisherman is a popular choice.

Last I knew (but it's been a while), Ford's wasn't so much an eatery as a place to buy lobsters. But TBH, I haven't been back to the area much since my mom died. My parents used to love Kitchen Little. I always thought Seamann's Inne (hard by Mystic Seaport) to be overrated. A lot of people seem to like the Captain Daniel Packer Inn.

Let me know what you choose and like. I'll be going there next summer--niece is getting married--so I'll be looking for some yummy suggestions.

The Steak Loft is always our favorite, best steak I've ever had. Also the General Store in the Old Mystic Village has the best fudge.

Has anyone done the clamshack along the river, I cannot think of the name but you can see Mystic Seaport from the picnic tables?

I am going to check out Kitchen Little and Blu Squid as well as Alice in the Village(my son also recommended).
I go to Mystic a couple of times a year but there are so many restaurants that I am always up for something new.

ETA: Just checked out Kitchen Little, it's a definite; it will be a nice change from Mystic Diner (which I hate) for breakfast.
That’s such a beautiful area! I’d love to get back there! I’m putting it on my wish list!

I think you are talking about the Sea View. Lovely views, OK standard shore food. I think the fried scallops are bought pre coated, and the lobster meat is not just knuckles and tail meat (my ideal). The fries are cut on site but the oil temperature varies by batch or employee too much. You won’t starve but except for the location not memorable.

Try Dog Watch Cafe in stonington.. (no the one in mystic) right on the water.. peaceful.. and the food was very good.. a hidden gem

I think you are talking about the Sea View. Lovely views, OK standard shore food. I think the fried scallops are bought pre coated, and the lobster meat is not just knuckles and tail meat (my ideal). The fries are cut on site but the oil temperature varies by batch or employee too much. You won’t starve but except for the location not memorable.
Thanks you are correct I could not think of the name. I have gone by there many times and it has good reviews but it just never really appealed to me. I thought if someone had a great review I would try it but thank you for saving me one more mediocre clam shack.

Try Dog Watch Cafe in stonington.. (no the one in mystic) right on the water.. peaceful.. and the food was very good.. a hidden gem
Thanks, I was confused about that. The one in Stonington is on the water if I am correct. I looked it up last night.

The Seahorse in Noank is a favorite of my BIL. Yankee Fisherman is a popular choice.

Last I knew (but it's been a while), Ford's wasn't so much an eatery as a place to buy lobsters. But TBH, I haven't been back to the area much since my mom died. My parents used to love Kitchen Little. I always thought Seamann's Inne (hard by Mystic Seaport) to be overrated. A lot of people seem to like the Captain Daniel Packer Inn.

Let me know what you choose and like. I'll be going there next summer--niece is getting married--so I'll be looking for some yummy suggestions.

Thank you. I can tell you now Daniel Packer is just so so in my opinion I think Seahorse in Noank is closed at least when I looked it up it said Temporarily Closed.

I am sure everyone one knows this but you have to go to Sift bakery. Especially if you want pastry or sandwiches. They make a pecan roll half the size of your head filled with pecans and using a croissant dough. Seriously, if I had to pick a last meal it would be that. Not to mention the croissants, scones, fancy (French?) pastry and the to die for shortbread which we always take home. I am getting sandwiches there and taking them for a picnic at Gilette Castle. Unfortunately they have expanded and while it is still one of the best bakery's I have ever been too some of the cute touches had to be eliminated due the high demand. They used to wrap the sandwiches in parchment paper and put string around them which was food stylist's touch (did not change the taste but was cute). I always say I am just going to get one thing and then I get possessed and frenzied as I walk through the line and leave with two shopping bags. I think prices are very reasonable considering the quality and time put into them.

Thank you. I can tell you now Daniel Packer is just so so in my opinion I think Seahorse in Noank is closed at least when I looked it up it said Temporarily Closed.

I am sure everyone one knows this but you have to go to Sift bakery. Especially if you want pastry or sandwiches. They make a pecan roll half the size of your head filled with pecans and using a croissant dough. Seriously, if I had to pick a last meal it would be that. Not to mention the croissants, scones, fancy (French?) pastry and the to die for shortbread which we always take home. I am getting sandwiches there and taking them for a picnic at Gilette Castle. Unfortunately they have expanded and while it is still one of the best bakery's I have ever been too some of the cute touches had to be eliminated due the high demand. They used to wrap the sandwiches in parchment paper and put string around them which was food stylist's touch (did not change the taste but was cute). I always say I am just going to get one thing and then I get possessed and frenzied as I walk through the line and leave with two shopping bags. I think prices are very reasonable considering the quality and time put into them.
Someone else recommended Sift on the "fast food" thread a few days back. It's definitely on my "to do" list. I'd recommend it to my sister (she lives in Groton), but I don't think she'd go. But, I would, for sure.

Sift is a definite must. Everything is delicious, but my favorites are the chocolate chip cookie and lemon scones. If you are into donuts, the owners just opened a donut shop nearby called Young Buns. That's on my list of places to visit. If you travel close by, Caffe NV in Waterford is an excellent Mediterranean restaurant. And, IMHO, Dad's in Niantic has the best hot lobster roll.

Frank’s Gourmet Grille is also fantastic. Clear broth clam chowder is delicious. Fantastic food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter