• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants in France

jp02

Mouseketeer
We are trying to decide between Chefs de France and Bistro de Paris. Can anyone give their opinions on which they would choose. Thanks.

My dining experiences at Bistro are all prior to this year, when this restaurant joined the dining plan.

I've dined at both several times. Bistro was very nice, upscale, small, intimate, slow paced, some of the longest meals I've had at WDW. The waiters were in tuxedos and the restaurant always felt quite formal. Food was good, service was very good, wine options were great. Tables were close but there wasn't that many of them so it was always very quiet. This used to be our last night dinner every vacation up through 2010.

Chefs is casual; the food is rustic French so quite different than what Bistro offers. Tables are close; the restaurant is busy and noisy. Service is more rushed and spotty as the servers have a lot more tables to deal with here. I think the food is okay but not as unique as it was prior to the dining plan. I prefer lunch here rather than dinner.

No question that Bistro is the better restaurant. By a large margin.

We've enjoyed lunch at Chef's, but have been very disappointed in dinner there. Food was tasty and service was quick at lunch, almost the totally opposite at dinner.

Bistro was wonderful though. Outstanding food and service.

Both restaurants are good, and it really depends on what kind of French food you want to eat. We keep going back to Chefs because we are big escargots fans and we like Chef's the better and we've always had excellent service. BUT Bistro is definitely worth it if you want superb service and a more 'private' experience, the food of course is delicious!!

Personally I would choose Bistro over Chef's. However, it depends on when you are going. I believe Bistro is closed for refurb right now and won't open again until maybe end of October.

I have been to both restaurants and believe that a big question is who you are going with. If there are any children in your party I would suggest Chef's. It is a louder restaurant with more families in it. Also, if you go to Chef's, Remy (The rat from Pixar's Ratatoullie) might come out to greet you at your table!

If you are going with adults and want something more upscale, then I suggest Bistro. It has a great atmosphere and is much more quiet. One thing about Bistro though, I am a vegetarian and the chef had to make something special for me that was only average for the price. The others in my party that ate meat though said it was absolutely delicious!

The food at both is very good so you really can't go wrong!

I haven't eaten at either, but be careful - Chefs may be your only option. Bistro is going down for a lengthy rehab and may be closed during your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter