Restaurants at Tokyo DL?

AParkMark

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are going to TDL next week. Are there any restaurants that we should make sure that we do?

Thanks

Blue Bayou is fun, if quite similar to the one in Disneyland decor-wise. We found the food to be quite good, and cheaper than at Disneyland!

The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall has A-MAZING theming, as does Grandma Sara's Kitchen in Critter Country. We liked the food at the former but found it lacking at the latter.

I also ate at Eastside Cafe in World Bazaar but was not knocked out.

If you are going into DisneySea, our favorite is Magellan's. Its gorgeous and the food is great.

In Disneyland, we enjoyed Blue Bayou and Restaurant Hokusai the most. We liked the Queen of Hearts also but is more of a cafeteria type atmosphere. The theming is fantastic at QoH.

Enjoy! We just got back June 28 from our trip.

The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall has A-MAZING theming, as does Grandma Sara's Kitchen in Critter Country. We liked the food at the former but found it lacking at the latter.

I agree with the above, but the last time I was in TDL was about 8 years ago. I guess things haven't changed too much? lol

We loved our meal in the SS Columbia, where we had a table overlooking Tokyo Bay.

In the Hotel Miracosta, in Oceano Restaurant, there is a very thorough breakfast buffet, which includes both western and Japanese breakfast items. It's a bit expensive ($30?), but a great place to load up on calories for the day. My wife would eat the eggs, sausage, fruit, pastries and yogurt, while I would load up on grilled salmon, rice and Japanese salads. DD could never eat enough yogurt, fruit, eggs, noodles, and pastries.

We didn't have a chance to try it, but the Bellavista Lounge in the Hotel Miracosta overlooks the mediteranian lagoon

*** I just realized all the above suggestions were for Tokyo Disney Sea, not Tokyo Disneyland. To be honest, we were not fans of the table service restaurants in Disneyland. There were excellent pastries in the bakery, the New York deli sandwiches were also good, as well as the Mickey Waffles (all counter service). But the sit down restaurants we ate in were just ok, but not worth recommending. Sorry.

How was the heat/rain/humidity during your trip, BriarRose?

We did 3 days in the parks, June 23-25. Our first day at Disneyland, we had heavy rain and high winds. It was almost impossible to hold an umbrella so we opted for the slickers, not ponchos, that were sold at the park or hotel stores. It rained off and on almost all day. We stuck with it though!

Day 2 was at DisneySea. It was bright and sunny. It was a little uncomfortable in the afternoon when we were watching Mythica. Umbrellas were not allowed during the show if you were sitting around the lagoon. We found the Japanese people use umbrellas more than hats for the heat. We bought one and ended up with two before the end of the day.

Day 3 we park hopped. The weather was nice on the last day. I don't remember the humidity being too bad any day.

We enjoyed our stay even though it rained.

Are reservations required for table service meals?
All character meals require reservations. For other dining, if you are going in top or peak season, definitely get reservations. If it's value or regular season, you may be fine without reservations.

Here's a link to the 'season' dates published by the Hotel Miracosta.

Also, don't be afraid to try for places as a walk-up at lunch even if you don't have reservations. We were there in Top Season and walked right into meals at all the swanky sit-down places in the parks except the Italian one near the gondolas in TDS... whatever it's called... They had a 40-minute wait for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter