Restaurantosaurus Review

TruBlu

DIS Veteran
We were in AK on a very HOT June morning. We were desperately looking for somewhere we could cool-off and have lunch. DS7 “needed” a hotdog, so off to RESTAURANTOSAURUS....

The line was VERY long, and it took some time to get our food after ordering, but DH and the kids used the time to try to grab a table inside. No luck. They were stuck outside in the heat. Since DH was outside with the kids, I had the challenge of trying to get two trays of food to them. No problem at all, the very nice CM carried one for me. As we were headed outside I noticed a table open-up in the dining room. As I rushed over to grab it I very rude older woman almost knocked my food out of my hands jumping in front of me to sit down at the table!!!!! As the CM and I stared at her in disbelief she pointed to a table over by the wall with only 3 chairs and said I could just sit there. I did, and eventually I found an extra chair. I never understood why she did that! She didn’t even have any food!!!

Anyway, back to the food...

DH and I both had the Dino-Size Double Cheeseburger and fries. YUMMY! The fries were McDonalds, so either you love them or hate them. We love them. The burgers were much better than McDs. - very juicy and flavorful. We added our favorites from the topping bar and were in Cheeseburger Heaven!!!

DS7 said that the hotdog was very good. It was huge, but he managed to eat the entire thing!
DS4 had the McD’s nuggets. He was suffering from withdrawal, so it was his favorite meal of the week. He especially liked the dino squirt gun toy!

We all had strawberry shortcakes. They had obviously been sitting around awhile. The cake was very soggy. We were so full from our lunch that we mostly just ate the berries and whipped cream.

We will definitely be return customers! I think next time we might try the cookies or brownie for dessert.

Rating... 4 thumbs up!

TruBlu said:
As we were headed outside I noticed a table open-up in the dining room. As I rushed over to grab it I very rude older woman almost knocked my food out of my hands jumping in front of me to sit down at the table!!!!!

Too bad she didn't knock the food out of your hands - and onto her head. Now THAT would have been worth having to get back in line for more food. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Maybe I am a horible, mean, vindictive person. But~ If someone gave me *the stampeede* while I had my hands full with my family's lunch, they would be wearing not one, but three nice large icy softdrinks (me dd, and dh's) Or at least, a huge salad, and 2 double cheeseburgers with fries. And it would be worth having to pay to re-purchase the lunch :thumbsup2

We were there recently too. I remember the fierce competition for a table. Yikes! I'm not pushy enough for things like that. I'm glad we found one on our trip without a lot of drama. Though when I was sitting at our table for 6 with just my 2 year-old (the bigger kids and my DH were either in the restrooms or at the fixin's bar), I thought I might be killed with the looks I was getting.

I would not say that I am competitive. I just wait for a table to be open, then sit down (or if i am getting food, this is DH job) The only way I'd be holding a tray while looking for a seat is if DH were not with me at lunch time, which isnt likely :goodvibes

The Sweetness said:
I would not say that I am competitive. I just wait for a table to be open, then sit down (or if i am getting food, this is DH job) The only way I'd be holding a tray while looking for a seat is if DH were not with me at lunch time, which isnt likely :goodvibes
Me too. Usually DH is the one getting the food, but for some reason he claimed not to understand the dining plan! I would have never given up on getting a table inside. I couldn't believe he had parked the boys outside in the heat!!

Men! :rolleyes: I can see that I better supervise the securing of seating, and then lining up for food w dh or dd who will be 15 (A/C or we move on to another cs... ITS JUST FOOD! Who the heck could eaat in the suffocating sun like that? Other than an ice pop or ice cream... :lovestruc ) :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter